• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passed interviews but no job offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GogoTime

Hi All
I passed all elements of the psychometric and managers interview but as there are only limited spaces available for immediate start dates, I have been told that the TOC is unable to make me a job offer at this time. It can take up to 9 months to get a job offer or not be offered one at all.
Is this common?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
This is very common and is known as a talent pool. I’ve quoted below the first post of recent threads discussing this.
I recently successfully passed all of the stages for trainee train driver but was informed there are no start dates just yet and that I would be held on record for up to 9 months.
Is this common?
I know there was a recruitment drive before and after my application too.
Thanks

Out of curiosity how many in these talent pools actually end up with a driver role?

From reading through these forums there seems to be so many going stagnant in these pools and then eventually when said company commences recruitment they seem to make it clear all talent pools have been wiped.

I’m hoping to hear that my impression of them is wrong.
Click on the hyperlink at the top of each quote “… said” to be taken to each thread for more info and discussion.

skyhigh

Established Member
Hi All
I passed all elements of the psychometric and managers interview but as there are only limited spaces available for immediate start dates, I have been told that the TOC is unable to make me a job offer at this time. It can take up to 9 months to get a job offer or not be offered one at all.
Is this common?
Yes, very very common.

Eddie77

Yes, I’m now just over 2 years waiting for a start date having passed everything. Welcome to the club

EvoUK

I appreciate how disappointing this can be especially after all the hoops you had to jump through to get to this stage. But do remember it is still a great accomplishment to get to this stage. Many don’t even make it to sit the OPC assessments let alone to the driver manager interview.

My advice is remain in the talent pool for the current TOC but also apply for any new vacancies if and when released by other TOC.

Apart the the initial online stuff and DMI, you won’t have to sit any of the OPC assessments again and can go straight through to the DMI and hopefully thereafter a job offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.