• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passed my conductor assessment with Northern- now on hold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beveridges

Established Member
The more links there are, the worse it's going to be. IIRC the Drivers have done away with link progression at most depots, when will the Guards do the same ?

The day the Maintenance Depots did away with link progression was the greatest moment of my career. No more bottom link fuelling and tanking work !

It will also depend on age too, the older you are the higher up the link you'll get (this doesn't actually mean you'll move up the link quicker, it means that you'll be the first to move from your intake to a vacant space in the next link )
Age discrimination comes to mind immediately

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Insp.Gadget

Hooray my welcome pack finally arrived! Three months almost since I applied. Notice handed in at work. I can't believe it's actually happening to me! So happy :)

Ooooh how exciting :D Very well done! Good luck for your future........

Jay mc 99

Hi everyone
I have also received that email today from northern for Liverpool lime street. Does this mean I've missed out on the course for September 30th. I'm happy
I've passed everything just a bit gutted I ain't had a job offer.

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
To my Picc colleagues may I say a few words. Stop whining about links we have all started at the bottom and through turnover we have moved up. It is what works at Picc many people have tried to have it stopped and failed miserably. For the routes we have and the comradery we have its a damn good depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.