• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passenger drags seizure patient off a train in Long Beach, California

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Suited passenger drags seizure patient off commuter train so his ‘journey is not delayed’

I stumbled across this whilst I was browsing the news. I cannot believe that someone actually did this. We have all been delayed before because of a passenger being taken ill but usually never decide to throw someone off a train to prevent us being delayed.

A few years ago, I for example was very late to work one day because my train was delayed to due a lady on board being unwell. The doors opened and I was about to step on when a woman said to me someone wasn't feeling well. Instead of dragging her off, I told the platform assistant who got an ambulance crew to come and help. To be fair they did take an awfully long time to arrive and get the lady off the train, which was a huge inconvenience to myself and the other passengers. I was late to work and got into big trouble which whilst on probation was not great. However the lady's health was more important. Why this businessmen thought that his journey was important than the needs of the seizure victim is completely beyond me. Watching the video made me very angry that the man was tossed around like a piece of meat. A few people close to me have epilepsy and other conditions which results in them having a seizure now and then. I hope that none of them are ever treated like this.

The original article is here: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/69388...commuter-train-so-his-journey-is-not-delayed/
A shocking video has emerged of the moment a smartly-dressed commuter drags an unconscious passenger off a train.

The clip shows the businessman hauling the man onto the platform at the Blue Line’s Wardlow Station in Long Beach, California

The unconscious man had just suffered a medical seizure on the train, according to horrified witnesses who saw what happened.

Others passengers claim the man did not want to wait on the train for paramedics to arrive to treat the stricken man.

“So this dude is passed out on the train and this motherf*****g white boy is doing the motherf*****g most,” a man who recorded the incident says.

“This motherf*****r just yanked him off the f***ing train so he won’t have to stop and miss his f***ing ride.”

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mwanesh

People can be heartless at times.Years ago when i worked in Basingstoke we had Basingstoke-Baughurst service 2 it passed by the hospital it was a 15 minute service.One day coming from Baughurst a young woman suddenly went into labour i was only about 4 miles from the hospital i just put not in service and went straight to the stop outside the hospital entrance .When the woman was taken inside a group of women came to complain that i had made them late for their coffee morning in town and left theur friends at the other stops .I said nothing to them.When i reported it at the office the manager said that was the best i could have done .They still put in a complain about it .Thats the world we live in .

Groningen

Established Member
As some said before. The USA can be country with people having no manners.

jamesst

Just as bad in this country. I remember a woman falling down a set of stairs at a station I won't name. People not only stepped over her to get to the train, they complained the train wasn't moving and said we should leave her as she's on the platform.

Quaver

People like this just pee me off, same as when people try to claim compensation for a delayed journey for things like this when they know they are delayed due to that reason, some people just don't have a heart at all :@

Wolfie

Established Member
Suited passenger drags seizure patient off commuter train so his ‘journey is not delayed’

I stumbled across this whilst I was browsing the news. I cannot believe that someone actually did this. We have all been delayed before because of a passenger being taken ill but usually never decide to throw someone off a train to prevent us being delayed.

A few years ago, I for example was very late to work one day because my train was delayed to due a lady on board being unwell. The doors opened and I was about to step on when a woman said to me someone wasn't feeling well. Instead of dragging her off, I told the platform assistant who got an ambulance crew to come and help. To be fair they did take an awfully long time to arrive and get the lady off the train, which was a huge inconvenience to myself and the other passengers. I was late to work and got into big trouble which whilst on probation was not great. However the lady's health was more important. Why this businessmen thought that his journey was important than the needs of the seizure victim is completely beyond me. Watching the video made me very angry that the man was tossed around like a piece of meat. A few people close to me have epilepsy and other conditions which results in them having a seizure now and then. I hope that none of them are ever treated like this.

The original article is here: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/69388...commuter-train-so-his-journey-is-not-delayed/
What a complete and utter scumbag...

He better hope that the individual with the medical emergency didn't suffer the slightest additional damge as a result of his actions, otherwise, in the original land of the ambulance chasing lawyer, his bank account is about to be a few hundred thousand (or more) dollars lighter...

Couldn't happen to a more suitable candidate!

Hopefully his employer will see the story and terminate his contract too!

Status
Not open for further replies.