• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passenger fatally injured on a train between Bath and Bristol, Saturday 01/12/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPI

Established Member
Apart from the Night Riviera, I don't think there are any remaining trains in regular service with droplights. Nevertheless, vegetation encroaching on the loading gauge remains a Bad Thing. It can cause damage to trains, and can be caught in open toplights on non airconditioned stock (I have had bits of vegetation enter a carriage on a 455) or cabside windows, the latter being an obvious hazard to drivers who may have a legitimate reason to be leaning out. I recall travelling on a Chester-London Voyager diverted via the Northwich/Sandbach line, which seemed to have vegetation scraping alongside most of the way.
The droplights on the sleepers now have locks on the windows that operates with the CDL

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.