• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passengers Engineering Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Currently on Sundays, Cardiff to Portsmouth services are starting/terminating Bristol Parkway with connecting buses between there and Newport. The mode of travel between Cardiff and Newport is to travel on existing services, South Wales to Paddingtons for example. I was wondering if any thought is given as to whether these services could accomodate the additional numbers.
A typical example which happens is if ATW services do not run between Birmingham International and Wolverhampton.
One incident I can recall is when Nottingham to Cardiffs were operated by Central when there was a Blockage between Birmingham and Gloucester involving the use of buses. Passengers were advised through Journey Planner and other sources to travel beyond Gloucester on existing train services (ATW). This occurred once on a Saturday when there was a Rugby International at Cardiff. I won't say any more leaving it to the imagination. Since XC took over and Bristol crews are now involved they cover their own services between Cardiff and Gloucester. TOCs would not ask another one to help them out as it would cost money to hire in resources.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Michael.Y

Established Member
If that's the case, why aren't replacement buses shuttling people across town to Parkway?

Status
Not open for further replies.