• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Peak 45015

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightStar

Evening, I am hoping someone can inform me of the current status of Peak 45015 please?

I have been reading alot over at RMWeb and from what I gather the Peak has not been cut yet? But, Is in a very sorry looking state with many parts missing and really no hope of being put back to running order.

If the plan now is not to cut the loco? I am wondering what the possibility of finding a engine to put in the ole 45015 and maybe scrounge up a electrical system from a former Russian locomotive some such?

Robert

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Seaeagle

As far as I'm aware it's an empty shell which could only ever be a static exhibit. Not quite sure where you'd get a suitable power unit from yet alone all the other bits that you'd need. Of course the bodywork will be shot and every inch of wiring will need to be replaced. You'd be better off putting money into a loco that is already in working or nearly working order to assure the future of that loco.

E&W Lucas

Established Member
Oh no, not 45015! :shock::shock::shock:
Total wreck. Asbestos mentioned elsewhere.
Beware this loco's usual "supporter" online!

Not a hope in hell ever of that doing anything other than staying there or going to Booths

Thanks

plarailfan

If 45 015 is still around when I win Lotto / Euromillions, I will buy it and have the power unit and internal gubbins rescued, for other preservation projects and then I would build a model railway layout and open it to the public, which would raise funds for other struggling Diesel projects such as as the Metro-Vic, or the Baby Deltic for example :)

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
You may find it cheaper to build a full size working replica from scratch than to do that with 45 015...

D6975

Established Member
Irish A class no 055 is I think an example of what could be done to make use of 45015.

Status
Not open for further replies.