• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pembrokeshire Storms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardcastle

Richards Bros bus swept off the road by giant wave on the A487 at Newgale (rather appropriate) it looks rather a mess on tv.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveHarries

Established Member
I guess that won't go back on the road if water ruined the engine. I admit I am surprised that none of the PCC workers trying to close the road didn't take steps (ie. have someone on duty who was assigned) to prevent vehicles travelling along the road that bus was on.

Glad everyone was safely taken off the bus though.

Dave

... I am surprised that none of the PCC workers trying to close the road didn't take steps (ie. have someone on duty who was assigned) to prevent vehicles travelling along the road that bus was on...

The road was being closed. Soemthing (i.e. this bus) had to be the last/last but a few vehicles top travel.

We don't know exactly what happened and how, so lets not jump too soon.

ste898

I guess that won't go back on the road if water ruined the engine. I admit I am surprised that none of the PCC workers trying to close the road didn't take steps (ie. have someone on duty who was assigned) to prevent vehicles travelling along the road that bus was on.

Glad everyone was safely taken off the bus though.

Dave

Unbelieable......

Another example of some sitting behind a keyboard talking about something they have no idea about

I think the people on the ground would know exactly what they were doing

A difficult and courageous job

daikilo

Established Member
I really don't understand. It looks as if the bus is on the beach.

Looks to me that probably the beach is on the bus whcih suggests that it ventured into an area which probably should have been closed and it wasn't at the time the bus ventrured into the area.

But nature, whilst our super computers are working to predict it, occasionally hits us with unpleasant surprises. The 100-year event is a statistically proven, and so is that it could happen this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.