• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Penalty fare payment options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgerbunny

Hi all
Recently i have been into Ticket irregularitiy snd I received a penalty of 145 £ to pay by bank transfer.
I have questions
1.Can i appeal to reduce this amount
2How can i do the payment without sending money through my bank account?wat are the options of sending money?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
Hi there, can you post up a copy of the notice you've received, covering all personal information?

I've not encountered a settlement that requires bank transfer payment before, usually it's card or cheque.

There is little scope to negotiate the settlement amount.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Welcome to the forum.

As mentioned above we really need to see exactly what the train company has told you in order to offer the best advice.

I suspect that you have been offered an out of court settlement, in short this means that if you pay the sum of money requested then the train company won't prosecute you in the magistrates court. There isn't a right of appeal but you could decline to pay it and take your chances in the magistrates court although we wouldn't normally recommend doing this.

If you can tell us more about what actually happened then we will be able to let you know if the offer is reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.