• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pendo Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eifion

Went straight to BRR and swapped it for The Voyager on the 0700 Maybank - Hammerwich.
Rode like a dream.
Just like going along on A Carpet of Air.
Going back now for another go.
Regards. Eifion.:-P

Its good on the 14:00 to Hammerwich with only 1 stop at Riverside however a piece of advice stop at riverside until you get a green aspect then you should get a pritty clear run though to hammerwich!

Coxster

Established Member
Went straight to BRR and swapped it for The Voyager on the 0700 Maybank - Hammerwich.
Exactly what I did :lol: I wanted to try it out on a run with a couple of stops, as well as ride the yellows for a while meaning lots of accelerating and braking :p

devon_metro

Established Member
I might replace my HST that has replaced a unit on the 0937 Maybank-Hammerwich with 5 stops until Hammerwich. I love the acceleration rate!

Turbostar

Cracking train! Maybe I'm a bit dumb, but one question, where & what do I change for where you stop at stations, so that you stop at the 'S' sign please?

Mart

Turbostar

Eh??? Wot u on??? A Pendo is a 9-car unit. A Voyager is a 4-car unit, Super Voyager a 5-car. Thought this was gonna be easy! :roll:

Mart

Mintona

Established Member
Martin, BVE still thinks your driving a Voyager, so you still stop at 4 car stops.
So I did it on the HST routes, though I'm sure there's a way of changing it in the coding, though I don't know it.

Dennis

Established Member
Before editing any route file, back it up first in case it all goes horribly wrong.

To change the stopping points, open up the route file and move (best to cut and paste to prevent accidental duplication) the stop commands to wherever you want to put them, presumably in line with the S-car stop signs.

If you are not familiar with editing BVE routes, this is the sort of thing you will need to move...

.Freeobj 0;383;-6;0.3,
.Stop 0;25;25,

just the bit in bold and take care with the syntax, all commands are separated by ,.

BTW, in the example shown, you are allowed + or -25m leeway each side of the nominal stopping point; for a more challenging drive, try reducing this by altering the 25's to say 10.

Craig

Established Member
The site seems to have slowed down quite a bit this evening. The Pendolino download is 19mb so the sites bandwidth is probably taking a hammering.

I've just given it a run on one of the NWM night runs, very impressive! I'm off to take it for a spin on a day express route now.

T

Tom

AFAIK Craig the 390 download itself was on tsc.railuk.org - which is on this server... it was certainly taking a battering earlier today.

nutter

Just to let you all know, I've just been able to download the pendo, so it all seems to be up and running.

Still yet to run it though, thought i'd tell you all it's working cos I don't think I'll be here again tonight

LondonBVE

Great Train espically with the BRR Tilting feature, I downloaded the Pendo in just 1min 35 sec with a speed of average 127KB/s. Maybe because I download the train at 9:37am which I suppose everyone is in school.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
This really was worth waiting for, many thanks to the people/person who created this train, it definately is a great train to drive.

thefab444

Established Member
Never seen in real life yet a 9 carriage Pendo. As i live not far from Manchester Piccadilly and mostly get 4 carriage units going in there.

Pendolinos were originally 8 carriages, but are now 9. You're think of Voyagers.

A Voyager is a 4-car unit, Super Voyager a 5-car

To be picky, there are 4-car Super Voyagers, but only four.

ChrisM

Just downloaded it and had a little try certainly worth the wait.
I swapped it for the 23:00 Maybank to Hammerwich and replaced the HST.
Well done to all involved.

Mintona

Established Member
Just downloaded it and had a little try certainly worth the wait.
I swapped it for the 23:00 Maybank to Hammerwich and replaced the HST.
Well done to all involved.

I did that one too, managed to be a few mins early into Hammerwich so was well happy!
Just was a few mins early on the 1400 HST to Hammerwich too! Gonna attempt a commuter run to Hobbs Cross now! <D

Bastiaan

I drove it on the 17:36 Maybank - Hammerwich (originally with a 321). It accelerates and brakes perfectly. Concerning to the 4-car thingy: Just pretent you drive a 4-car Pendolino ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.