• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Permanent closure of Belfast Great Victoria Street station

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The exile

Established Member
Obviously it’s going to a bit inconvenient for the next few months but from what I remember, Great Victoria Street is going to be no great loss!

The exile

Established Member
I saw the thread title and thought it sounded like the end of another magnificent historic railway building! Errr... I guess not then. :E
I think that happened rather explosively at various points in the 1970s.

route101

Established Member
I was at Belfast Great Victoria Street yesterday and didn't know this was happening! I was surprised to hear Anne announcements .

MrJeeves

Established Member
I was at Belfast Great Victoria Street yesterday and didn't know this was happening! I was surprised to hear Anne announcements .
Worldline provide the CIS across the NI Railways network. Very weird if you weren't expecting it!

trubla

Oh Dear. When visiting in-laws a longer walk from the station to the Crown Liquor Bar for food and back again. And a few pints of lovely ale.