• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Perpinan to Paris Intercites de Nuit 26 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flandrian

Hi,

I'm planning to return from Perpignan to Paris (and onwards to London) on 26th September, and intend to catch the IC de nuit at 20.45 from Perpignan.

The booking engine I'm using is showing that train running every day up to and including 25th Sept, and again from 27th September. Does anyone know what has happened to the 26th Sept train - any engineering works affecting it, perhaps ?

Many thanks,

Flandrian

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gordon

Hafas shows train running every night except 26 Sept...

Of course all French night trains now threatened with abolition

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
They've been on borrowed time ever since they became couchettes only and no restaurant car, which wiped out any possible attraction for business travel except those terrified of flying *and* unable to drive.

Flandrian

Thanks all.

I've been following the issue of the threat to the Intercites de nuit services, so wondered about that - also the major engineering programme Perp - Narbonne - Nimes.

However, if Hafas doesn't show the service for that date, I'd better book an alternative (and I see that the obvious switch, to pick up ICN 3752 at Toulouse also isn't showing for the 26th!). Looks like I've chosen my travel dates poorly.

Zut alors.

Flandrian

Gordon

I notice that the Cerbere - Luxembourg is running that night, according to Hafas.

Possibly even less likely to survive than the direct overnight to Paris so might be fun to do - especially as it takes an interesting route, via the south coast line to Nimes, then no commercial stops until Culmont Chalindrey (but the routing is almost certainly Nimes - Tarascon - Lyon (crew change?) - Dijon (crew change?) - Culmont Chalindrey) then Culmont - Neufchateau - Nancy - Metz - Luxembourg

Veteran Member
On the basis that hafas.de shows the Latour de Carol Service as cancelled also, and as these trains normally run on Saturday nights, I'd guess major engineering works on the route via Limoges. Quite possible that the revised timings haven't been settled so the train isn't reservable.

Worth saying that the German timetable engine doesn't get every last update so rely on sncf for information.

dutchflyer

Established Member
No, sorry, this branch is already cancelled, i think due to some works along that sector south of Toulouse,and thus with the planned aboliton of all IC-N will not revive. There is a substitute TER-local train and rail-replace bus on some part.

Status
Not open for further replies.