• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PF/UKRT Western Champion 'One Way Wizzo' Railtour 14/4/24

StephenHunter

Established Member
Most certainly the riviera coffins, however I did see that they were fitting some small opening sections to the top of the windows on some of them at least which will let the noise in. Not sure if the plan is to do the full fleet though and whether they will be done in time for this tour
It is the blue-grey Riviera set - I confirmed that with Pathfinder directly.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stephen1001

In contrast to the early skepticism expressed by some on here, this is showing sold out in both standard and first class three weeks before it runs. Great result for Pathfinder - less so for those of us who were waiting for the two-week strike notification period to pass before booking!

The_Van

In contrast to the early skepticism expressed by some on here, this is showing sold out in both standard and first class three weeks before it runs. Great result for Pathfinder - less so for those of us who were waiting for the two-week strike notification period to pass before booking!
That's disappointing, payday tomorrow I was going to book

Haywain

Veteran Member
Great result for Pathfinder
Not just Pathfinder but UK Railtours as well. Shows the benefit if using a large combined list of potential customers for a tour between the major cities that they each serve.

Iskra

Established Member
Not just Pathfinder but UK Railtours as well. Shows the benefit if using a large combined list of potential customers for a tour between the major cities that they each serve.
Quality traction and a reasonable price also helps significantly!

I’m glad it’s looking like a resounding success.

Well colour me surprised at this, I honestly thought £99 for just over 100 miles on a one way tour would struggle when you could pay about £30-40 more in a few months for a 500ish mile tour that goes back to where you started from, but then again I've done the 52 for about 9.5k and done all the route this is doing so maybe that's coloured my view of it , fair play to them

Iskra

Established Member
Well colour me surprised at this, I honestly thought £99 for just over 100 miles on a one way tour would struggle when you could pay about £30-40 more in a few months for a 500ish mile tour that goes back to where you started from, but then again I've done the 52 for about 9.5k and done all the route this is doing so maybe that's coloured my view of it , fair play to them
It’s £69 in Standard.

12LDA28C

Established Member

Surprised you're not doing it just to edge you closer to that 10k clearance then...

Surprised you're not doing it just to edge you closer to that 10k clearance then...
Nah I still need the WCML North of Willesden so I'll just sit pat until there's something out of Euston, there's one coming up out of Kings Cross but I've done that already

StephenHunter

Established Member
Just got my seat allocation from Pathfinders - the timing is now 13:50 to 19:10, with the Tame Bridge Parkway stop at 18:00. Cue £21 to change my Avanti ticket back to London...

Iskra

Established Member
Just got my seat allocation from Pathfinders - the timing is now 13:50 to 19:10, with the Tame Bridge Parkway stop at 18:00. Cue £21 to change my Avanti ticket back to London...
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I’ve just booked a new ticket too, as my train was 1913.

The paths are in realtimetrains now, including almost an hour at Banbury for a proposed photo stop. This is the path for the main tour:

Last edited:
Just received my seat allocation. Hopefully get lucky and Coach C front end rather than rear end. Going to get the 10:12 off Moor Street down to Marylebone which will hopefully be class 68 diagram too.

Looking forward to it

The_Van

Just received my seat allocation. Hopefully get lucky and Coach C front end rather than rear end. Going to get the 10:12 off Moor Street down to Marylebone which will hopefully be class 68 diagram too.

Looking forward to it
Is coach C first or standard, I'm in E and that's first

Iskra

Established Member
I'd expect A to be the first coach on that basis, sticking first class on the back would be a bit naughty
Why would it? Coach A (usually behind the loco) is traditionally standard class on railtours and known for being rowdy.

As it happens, the booking info from Pathfinder states that they won't know which way around the coaches are until the day of the tour.

Established Member
Why would it? Coach A (usually behind the loco) is traditionally standard class on railtours and known for being rowdy.

As it happens, the booking info from Pathfinder states that they won't know which way around the coaches are until the day of the tour.
Coach A is usually standard class with Pathfinder and dining / 1st class with UKR.
As to which way round the train will be; orientation will depend on how it returns off the "Harbourmaster" tour tomorrow.

Iskra

Established Member
Coach A is usually standard class with Pathfinder and dining / 1st class with UKR.
As to which way round the train will be; orientation will depend on how it returns off the "Harbourmaster" tour tomorrow.
From the ECS off todays tour, coach A will be at the rear leaving Paddington tomorrow.

Is the stock arriving separately today, with the light loco move that’s in RealtimeTrains dropping onto the rear? Or will the loco join the stock somewhere like Reading and it all come into Paddington together? Or is the stock already at Paddington as we speak?

Light loco move from Kidderminster:

Last edited:

Alfie1014

It’s the stock off of yesterdays ‘Harbourmaster’ tour, with first class (unfortunately) at the buffer stop ends. The 66 that bought yesterdays tour presumably stays on the back until Bescot yard where it reverses to get to New St. This is why the speed limit is 75mph.

I’m in coach A too so well away from the action!

With the loss of the connection to GC at Old Oak there’s knowhere to easily turn a set out of Paddington these days.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
The 66 that bought yesterdays tour presumably stays on the back until Bescot yard where it reverses to get to New St. This is why the speed limit is 75mph.
57303 is on the back. No 66.

With the loss of the connection to GC at Old Oak there’s knowhere to easily turn a set out of Paddington these days.
There is still a triangle at Greenford, but no second locomotive is due at Paddington until D1015 gets there.

Last edited:

Iskra

Established Member
It’s the stock off of yesterdays ‘Harbourmaster’ tour, with first class (unfortunately) at the buffer stop ends. The 66 that bought yesterdays tour presumably stays on the back until Bescot yard where it reverses to get to New St. This is why the speed limit is 75mph.

I’m in coach A too so well away from the action!

First class is at the correct end for arrival at a London Terminus ;) I’ve got lucky then because I’m at the other end of the train :)

It’s a minor disappointment to see 57303 appear again after only working on railtours last month. 57/3 is 95mph capable and 75mph is not the max speed, just what the tour is pathed at.

Last edited:

The_Van

I've just arrived at LP

Just waiting for Champion due in at 13.26

Attachments

• 20240414_121849.jpg
    20240414_121849.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 63