• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Phil Sayer announcements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony2215

I have a model railway and just wondered is there a software or anything I can download to the phil sayer voice announcement thing so I can make my own announcements on it? Or doesnt have to be phil sayer it can be anne or celia?

thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Muzer

Established Member
I would love this as well - not for model railway purposes, just for general messing around ;)

Unfortunately, I don't think such a thing exists. It would be great if all the Phil voice samples were officially released if not the software itself, but I think for commercial/legal/laziness reasons they wouldn't do this.

Best bet would be to find some high-quality recordings of the bits you need, I'd say. Not sure how easy that would be.

Class 92

There is something available but you would need to fit some tag things to your layout and you may need to become a member.
I dont know how difficault it is to sort all the annocments out and fit the tags but if u watch the video on youtube it is quite good will get a link for it soon.
http://merg.org.uk/
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
http://www.pedryfan.co.uk/rfid/downloads/
Found a video you would need to put your own Phil Sayer announcements on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywVldZOIcWk

Last edited:

Tony2215

thanks. cant seem to get this to work though, are the voices stored in this already or do I have to download wav files?

Tony2215

I installed it then when I open the program I get an dialogue box titled "Microsoft. NET framework" that reads:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

(im on windows 7)

Last edited:

Class 92

Oh right you need to make sure that you install it to the Program Files on the C drive (Make sure it is Program File, not Program Files (x86))

Tony2215

it wont load now it says there is a file missing called announcer.accdb. found in the db file but in the db there is no file called announcer.accdb!

Class 92

Make sure that the db.zip file and put it in the C:\Program Files\RFID_Announcer folder

Tony2215

No matter how hard I try I cant do this there is always a box it keeps coming up saying

C/Program file/rfid_announcer/db/announcer.accdb is not a vaild path. Make sure the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

Ive unzipped db file but all that's in it is a document that opens up using Microsoft access 2010.

Class 92

Have you got the files set up like: 'C/Program file/rfid_announcer' or have you made the folder a differant name because it needs to be exactly the same.

Tony2215

hehehe I didn't check that! all done now!! thanks dude :)
this only seems to be based on Cardiff central. What if I wanted to base it upon another station? Is there a download where I can download wav voice tags for Birmingham New St? or calling points for more stops/destinations?

Status
Not open for further replies.