• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Photo Opportunities near the A1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Searle

Established Member
Hi all,

I've nabbed my girlfriend's nice camera (nicer than my standard digital one anyway!), and I'm driving from York to Hertford tomorrow, pretty much straight down the A1. I was gonna stop by and take a few photos of the railway from a road, and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas within 10-15 minutes of the A1 (apart from Colton Junction which I've already thought of :P).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaleCooper

Established Member
Holme level crossing (a few miles south of Peterborough) is only a couple of miles from the A1.

Or what about Sandy station?

Veteran Member
Don't know about specific photo spots (isn't there a website for that?) but the A1 runs close to the ECML north of Newark, and the Nene Valley at Wansford. And Stamford station isn't far off, if you aren't distracted by the bookshop.

Last edited:

ash39

Established Member
Milford junction is around 5 mins from the A63/Selby junction of the A1... check realtimetrains though as there may be quiet times on a Saturday.

Searle

Established Member
Thanks for the suggestions. I know about the level crossings south of Peterborough, I might look into it but probably not as it's quite busy (car wise) passing by.

I'm going to avoid stations because I've done a lot of them already (obviously getting there by train!).

TukayAway

Appreciate this is too late but the B1043 between Offord Cluny and Godmanchester gives you a good open view of the ECML.

Status
Not open for further replies.