• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Picc Line Closures

Broucek

There was press comment today on the Picc Line being closed due to changes linked to the new trains that are coming. The coverage said that the timing had not yet been agreed (understandable) but there's been no indication of roughly how long the closure might be. I live in Southgate and so I have a close interest in this. Does anyone have a rough idea? (I am well aware of alternatives routes!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

xtmw

All that's been released is 'later this year' I'm sure a LUL Staff Member can comment further. I imagine the closures will be on weekends where possible. Might be worth getting used to some blockades however it's pure guesswork from me at this point

According to https://content.tfl.gov.uk/planned-track-closures.pdf, planned closures currently are:
Sat 18th - Sun 19th May: Acton Town - Rayners Lane
Sat 25th - Mon 27th May: Kings Cross - Acton Town
Sat 20th - Sun 21st July: Kings Cross - Heathrow/Uxbridge
Sat 27th - Sun 28th July: Cockfosters - Kings Cross
Sat 3rd - Sun 4th August: Cockfosters - Kings Cross
Sat 17th - Sun 18th August: Cockfosters - Wood Green
Sat 24th - Mon 26th August: Cockfosters - Wood Green
Sat 31st August - Sun 1st September: Cockfosters - Wood Green
Sat 14th - Sun 15th September: Kings Cross - Northfields/Rayners Lane
Sat 21st - Sun 22nd September: South Harrow - Uxbridge
Sat 28th - Sun 29th September: Acton Town - Uxbridge
Sat 19th - Sun 20th October: Acton Town - Rayners Lane

These are all, of course, subject to change. Not all of them, if any, are related to the introduction of the 2024 stock and may be anything from planned maintenance to furthering the introduction of 4LM.

74A

What work needs to be done to allow the new trains to run ?

Dstock7080

Established Member
- re-siting of signals, to be visible from a seated position, much work already underway
- signal immunisation
- slight alterations to some platform edge stones

torontoaddick

MaidaVale

Mostly on weekends as it shows in the dates listed above, A considerable amount of the closures on the east end of the line are to facilitate works on Arnos Grove sidings along with other bits and pieces. Most of them are to do with the general "upgrade" works ongoing on the line, including preparations for the new stock. The Uxbridge/Rayners closures are mostly Met related though and line up with large Met line closures on the same weekends.

mic505

sprunt

Sat 17th - Sun 18th August: Cockfosters - Wood Green

Does this (and the others in the list) refer to stations that are closed, or the stations between which the line is closed? In other words, will there be services between Wood Green and Turnpike Lane on those days?

(Asked purely out of curiosity rather than out of any need to plan.)