• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Picking up tickets from SWT TVMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefab444

Established Member
One thing I've noticed that is rather odd is that when ordering tickets from the SWT website, and other TOC sites that use the same system e.g. CrossCountry, I can chose any SWT station with a TVM to pick up my tickets from. Yet when using the Southern website, and other TOCs with the same system e.g. Chiltern, I can only chose a handful of SWT TVMs to pick up my tickets from. An example being that I can chose to pick up tickets from Brockenhurst or Southampton Airport Parkway with both systems, yet I can only chose Ashurst New Forest when ordering through the SWT system.

Any reason why the Southern system only displays certain SWT stations as having TVMs which allow you to pick up tickets?

The only reason I ask is that the SWT system won't allow you to buy off-peak Travelcards for pick up (only Anytime ones), yet the Southern system will!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dan_atki

Established Member
Any reason why the Southern system only displays certain SWT stations as having TVMs which allow you to pick up tickets?

The simplest assumption to make here is that ATOS haven't updated the list of Ticket on Departure stations for the WebTIS software, and still only lists the original trial ones.

The only reason I ask is that the SWT system won't allow you to buy off-peak Travelcards for pick up (only Anytime ones), yet the Southern system will!

Designate any station for pickup, you'll still be able to pick them up from ANF.

paul1609

Established Member
The simplest assumption to make here is that ATOS haven't updated the list of Ticket on Departure stations for the WebTIS software, and still only lists the original trial ones.

Designate any station for pickup, you'll still be able to pick them up from ANF.

[/I
]
Be carefull with southern only products such as advance and daysave you can only pick them up from tvms at southern run stations.

Hager98

I bought a Daysave ticket for 31st May, does anyone know when i should recieve the email from Southern giving me my confirmation code, usually when i have booked travelcards and returns i have recieved one straight away.

googolplex

I bought a Daysave ticket for 31st May, does anyone know when i should recieve the email from Southern giving me my confirmation code, usually when i have booked travelcards and returns i have recieved one straight away.

You should be able to see it in the "My Account" section of the site IIRC.

bicbasher

Established Member
[/I
]
Be carefull with southern only products such as advance and daysave you can only pick them up from tvms at southern run stations.

That's going to be an issue from the LOROL managed stations on the ELL where Southern continue to run services on that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.