• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

plane spotting

Status
Not open for further replies.

does any one plane spot as well as train spot ?.
just took aircraft up going to london for a few days i know about myrtle av for heathrow, what i want to know is can you get gatwick planes from station platform and also is city airport and stanstead easy to log ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

starrymarkb

Established Member
You used to be able to watch aircraft at City from the platform at Royal Albert. I think developments have now blocked that view though.

any better places round heathrow ? as myrtle av is out in the open i've read about heathrow academy any ideas ?

starrymarkb

Established Member
Don't know as I haven't been to Heathrow since the Spectator Terrace closed to make way for the new T2. I tend to fly more these days

Amsterdam is very spotter friendly btw - the official website lists spots and the Panorama Terrace monitors include reg's

859b01e4-3e75-4f73-84a7-a7a891988ca8_spotplaatsen.png

tamesidedepot

You used to be able to watch aircraft at City from the platform at Royal Albert. I think developments have now blocked that view though.

If you get off the DLR at Royal Albert you can walk down to the side of the dock by the Newham Dockside development and see everything at the City Airport. Benches to sit on, and if its nice there's some grass areas also.

Status
Not open for further replies.