• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Planning] Class 314s in Glasgow

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlythPower

Hi Folks,

I'm taking advantage of the Virgin Seat Sale again for another day trip to Glasgow. I'd love to get my remaining four 314s seen. I know they're still out in force on the Cathcart group of lines, but have the feeling there's some other places they now operate in their twilight years. Could anyone give me a list of the likeliest workings, please?

Thanks, :)
BP.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
A lot now appear on Inverclyde (Gourock, Wemyss Bay) workings, with some 318/320s working Cathcart services

Kite159

Veteran Member
I would probably still stay with Glasgow Central, at least you will cover the other workings they do (Paisley Canal)

alexf380

Established Member
There should be 12 in service through the day, each day. Two on Paisley Canal workings, three (I think) on Gourock/Weymss Bay and the rest on Cathcart Circle & branches. Further to that, two more come out to play as a pair on an evening peak extra. I can't remember off to top of my head what time but it's roughly 17:20, it's the one that's limited stop to Neilston.

Last edited:

BlythPower

There should be 12 in service each day. Two on Paisley Canal workings, three (I think) on Gourock/Weymss Bay and the rest on Cathcart Circle & branches. Two more come out to play as a pair on an evening peak extra. I can't remember off to top of my head what time but it's roughly 17:20, it's the one that's limited stop to Neilston.

Thanks Alex! It looks that that extra pair are a 17:18 to Neilston which handily is before I head home. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.