• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Platform info change on LO

Status
Not open for further replies.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
I notice this week we have new platform train indicators that no longer indicate the length of the train. Is this an “enhancement” or an error?

Note:They didn’t seems to be able to reflect the operational truth but were probably linked to the proposed timetable

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
I assume more of an issue with the shared stations between New Cross Gate towards crystal palace & west Croydon?

Afterall telling passengers at Hampstead Heath that the next Stratford is formed of 5 coaches is a bit redundant seeing as everything has 5 coaches.

Egg Centric

I assume more of an issue with the shared stations between New Cross Gate towards crystal palace & west Croydon?

Afterall telling passengers at Hampstead Heath that the next Stratford is formed of 5 coaches is a bit redundant seeing as everything has 5 coaches.

Relevant to us Watford DC users too at present while we have a mix of 4 car 710s and 5 car 378s. I've not been on the overground for a couple of weeks but it was showing train lengths then. I may (no promises!) go and check this out for myself this afternoon and see if it's changed.

Lewlew

Relevant to us Watford DC users too at present while we have a mix of 4 car 710s and 5 car 378s. I've not been on the overground for a couple of weeks but it was showing train lengths then. I may (no promises!) go and check this out for myself this afternoon and see if it's changed.
I wouldn't. There's buses replacing trains on the DC all day Sunday.

They started announcing train lengths on the DC when the 710s became more reliable and started showing up regularly. They're still wrong a lot of the time and passengers haven't quite clocked on that they need to move down the platform yet.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
I’m at Theobald’s Grove.

5e length is important for two sets of people, those going Tom Liverpool St and those changing at Seven Sisters.

Or those who want to get the grumbling going prior to arrival as the unit is short formed once more.

Mind you short is better than nothing, I’ve had my particular train cancelled 6 days out of ten in the last two weeks.

I think our friends at GA have stopped lending units

Status
Not open for further replies.