• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Points trouble at Eastbourne gives unusual stopping pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railcar

This morning (Tues 28th Nov) as my Eastbourne-bound train stopped at Berwick, as well as Glynde, I sked the OBS "why the unusual stopping pattern?" She told me that faulty points at Eastbourne were preventing a full service to be run. We pulled into EBN Platform 2 with EBN Pl.3 empty, It would seem that it is the points to access Pl.3 that are faulty.
Troubles on the Brighton Line this afternoon, with delays 'due to a fault with the signalling system' meaning that Victoria fasts were being pathed to East Croydon Platfom 4, rather than 1.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

And a train failed between Streatham Common and Streatham and a bus hit the crossing barriers at or near Angmering. Passengers detrained from the first. Not been a good week so far with the Uckfield Line closed at least Monday morning.

Royal351

This morning (Tues 28th Nov) as my Eastbourne-bound train stopped at Berwick, as well as Glynde, I sked the OBS "why the unusual stopping pattern?" She told me that faulty points at Eastbourne were preventing a full service to be run. We pulled into EBN Platform 2 with EBN Pl.3 empty, It would seem that it is the points to access Pl.3 that are faulty.
Troubles on the Brighton Line this afternoon, with delays 'due to a fault with the signalling system' meaning that Victoria fasts were being pathed to East Croydon Platfom 4, rather than 1.
The points to access platform 3 are fine.

You just can't get out of platform 3 as they can't swing the correct way

Eastbourne will only have 2 platforms UFN.

It could be upto 6 months as the points were properly smashed

Bishopstone

Established Member
It would be helpful, for capacity reasons, to use the stock and crew from the cancelled hourly Eastbourne-Brighton trains to add some Lewes-Brighton shuttles.

TrainGeekUK

It would be helpful, for capacity reasons, to use the stock and crew from the cancelled hourly Eastbourne-Brighton trains to add some Lewes-Brighton shuttles.

The points to access platform 3 are fine.

You just can't get out of platform 3 as they can't swing the correct way

Eastbourne will only have 2 platforms UFN.

It could be upto 6 months as the points were properly smashed
Looks like the work to fix this will be completed overnight tonight.

The trains were very cosy today when all the students piled on at Polegate earlier!

Royal351

Looks like the work to fix this will be completed overnight tonight.

The trains were very cosy today when all the students piled on at Polegate earlier!

Yes fingers crossed indeed!

But can't wait for the phone call to say at 4am when they go "yeah we still can't sign these points back into use"

TrainGeekUK

I’m guessing the equipment and materials required to fix this issue are bespoke and needed to be specially made?

I’m no rail expert but where would such replacement parts have come from for a complex station like Eastbourne?

Status
Not open for further replies.