• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Poor Decisions' on the Yorkshire Dales railway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexl92

Established Member
The EmbsayLocoDept instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/embsaylocodept/ )account shared a photo yesterday of Taff Vale 0-6-2T no.85 on a lowloader heading back to the KWVR. The photo was captioned something to the effect of
'Sorry to see it go but due to some poor decisions by the YDR it was best that it went home'

I was a bit surprised by the bluntness of this... Does anyone know what it was referring to?

Update for clarification: The post in question was shared on their 'story' - for those not familiar with Instagram, this means it was in the format of a photo with text overlaid which was visible only to that account's followers for a period of 24 hours from posting. Unfortunately after this, it disappears into the oblivion so I can't link the original post.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
That’s a very public knocking isn’t it, I wonder what’s happened there?
I assume that it’s had something avoidable go wrong with it due to poor maintenance/management.
I expect it’ll all become public at some point though.
Always seems a bit strange airing dirty washing in public like this.
The other party then has to decide if they want to publicly put their side across and in the end quite often no-one seems to come out of it looking particularly good.

Worf

Maybe an internal wrangle at YDR

Things seem amicable between loco dept and KWVR according to their FB page. https://www.facebook.com/YDRSteam/

Unfortunately 85 has returned to its home at The Keighley and Worth Valley Railway (official). We would like to thank them for the loaning us this wonderful loco that was enjoyed by the crews and the public. We would also like the thank the Coates farther and son who came and looked after and advised us with the loco where needed. Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:

alexl92

Established Member
That’s a very public knocking isn’t it, I wonder what’s happened there?
I assume that it’s had something avoidable go wrong with it due to poor maintenance/management.
I expect it’ll all become public at some point though.
Always seems a bit strange airing dirty washing in public like this.
The other party then has to decide if they want to publicly put their side across and in the end quite often no-one seems to come out of it looking particularly good.

This was what I thought - it's dodgy ground for a volunteer (as the account states it's run by volunteers) to publicly call out the organisation like that.

Maybe an internal wrangle at YDR

Things seem amicable between loco dept and KWVR according to their FB page. https://www.facebook.com/YDRSteam/

I did notice that. I think your guess of an internal wrangle is probably accurate but I can't figure out what it could be over?

Status
Not open for further replies.