• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Poor stock cascades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
Can you back up this statement. BTW I don't mean it in a rude way. I think 319s are quite ok and the fact they are dual voltage units is a plus.

Ah yes because dual voltage is a BIG plus when they can only run off one supply when they move North :|

LE Greys

Established Member
Ah yes because dual voltage is a BIG plus when they can only run off one supply when they move North :|

They might be thinking of through services from Merseyrail to the WCML.

A few little problems with that, methinks. :s

WatcherZero

Established Member
While having the dual running capability might be useful for Merseyside services last I heard they were going to disable the 3rd rail pickup when they were refurbed, though I suppose it could be re-enabled again in future if there was a need for it, however the only really useful line they could run on where theirs currently split services (Liverpool-Wigan via Kirkby) the Kirkby to Wigan stretch aint electrified.

Pumbaa

Established Member
They might be thinking of through services from Merseyrail to the WCML.

A few little problems with that, methinks. :s

It's possible though! Requires two reversals though, one at Hunts X, the other at South Parkway or Edge Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.