• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Positive Assistance News

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneOffDave

Just to counter all the negative reports about assistance, I'd like to flag how Woking station seem to have got it right. I've not had a problem in the three weeks I've been commuting from there. The gate line staff ask which train you're hoping to catch and then radio the platform staff on the appropriate platform. I've even made trains I thought I wasn't quite early enough for. The communications seem to be so straight forwards. Lower passenger numbers may be having an impact but at least a system is becoming normal while things are quieter that should be ok when volumes increase

Whenever I've had a problem in the past it's always been a comms problem rather than staff willingness etc. It's so nice to see something pretty simple being so effective

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sjoh

Had a really positive experience assisting my mum in getting to Falkirk a couple of weeks ago. She's a vulnerable person with memory issues and issues understanding complex instructions.
The 12:00 from Kings Cross to Inverness was cancelled due to a fatality at Stevenage. I brought her to Euston and put her on the 12:43 to Edinburgh, but unfortunately this was going to require a change at Haymarket - a place she is wholly unfamiliar with. She was stressed about her journey being disrupted (she doesn't deal well with change), and was considering throwing it all in and going home instead. I spoke to passenger assistance at Euston and the train manager on the train, and between them they organised assistance to help her change platforms at Haymarket. Everyone was super lovely about it despite her sometimes difficult attitude. Emailed Avanti to say thank you.
Was really great to see them all getting it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.