• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Possible GEN but not certain

Status
Not open for further replies.

southy39

i recently got chatting to an EWS driver on the First Scotrail Caledonian sleeper.. he was traveling in the dining car and i got chatting to him and somehow we got onto the topic of the Brunel 200 celebrations and 60081..

acording to him he heard from a collegue that EWS were considering repainting another class 60 or a class 66 (Probably a 66 banker loco) in mock GWR green for the Brunel celebrations..

now he did NOT say that this was 100% deffinetly happening but that it was something he had heard.

but i wouldnt hold your breathe, as im unsure how genuine this info is

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonb

Established Member
It could indeed be true, 60081 is NOT making a return because of the extent of the damage caused by the blast it had some time ago. It wouldnt surprise me if another loco was repainted.

Status
Not open for further replies.