• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Poster at Mansion House Station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyman42

Established Member
There was a gentleman taking a photograph of a poster at Mansion House which had the appearance of a round maze. He explained to me what it was but i have forgotten, something along the lines that it was to do with someone having visited all the Underground stations and that each one was numbered.
Can someone add a bit more detail?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlbertBeale

Established Member
There was a gentleman taking a photograph of a poster at Mansion House which had the appearance of a round maze. He explained to me what it was but i have forgotten, something along the lines that it was to do with someone having visited all the Underground stations and that each one was numbered.
Can someone add a bit more detail?

I think it was to do with the 150th anniversary of the Underground. An artist was commissioned to produce as many of these maze designs as there are stations, and one unique design went up somewhere on each station. Some are in more obvious places than others.

greyman42

Established Member
I think it was to do with the 150th anniversary of the Underground. An artist was commissioned to produce as many of these maze designs as there are stations, and one unique design went up somewhere on each station. Some are in more obvious places than others.
Thanks, that rings a bell.

Dstock7080

Established Member
Mark Wallinger, one of the UK’s leading contemporary artists, has created a major new artwork for London Underground to celebrate its 150th anniversary. The result, commissioned by Art on the Underground, is a multi-part work on a huge scale that will be installed in every one of the Tube’s 270 stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.