• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Potential charter service costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good evening all,

Been asked about how someone would go about organising a railtour and what sorts of costs need to be paid out before advertising the train, e.g any revenue earnt to assist the costs?

can anyone advise please the rough idea is Yorkshire to the south such as Bournemouth or Weymouth potentially.

I admitted while i knpw a little about alot alot this is beyond me.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sun Chariot

Established Member
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
Thanks. I believe WCRC and LSL deal only with registered charter operating orgs that have pre-existing contractual agreements - Limit Of Liability, etc - in place with WCRC, LSL.

If it were me, I'd first get a level of interest - what dates are preferred, how many people interested (a refundable deposit per person, say £100, will help clarify genuine interest). Then I'd approach Cross Country TOC, RTC, Saphos, Pathfinder to ascertain if the date, location and numbers can be catered by an existing planned/scheduled service.

If they don't, then the lead-time and cost for "own hired" arrangement will be significant - the main railtour / excursion operators have already secured tours into mid-2024; and a "per tour" overall cost (not forgetting all the legals too) will be a very healthy 5-figures...

Status
Not open for further replies.