• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Prague – Warsaw sleeper

A S Leib

I'm trying to make a reservation for the sleeper service from Prague to Warsaw on 28 June; I think 60 days is the furthest you can book in advance for PKP services and that's around ten weeks away, so is there any better option than repeatedly checking over the next two or three weeks to see when reservations become available? Is there a noticeable price difference between booking via ČD, PKP or ÖBB / others? There's also a reference to closures between Lipník and Hranice; would that affect the overnight service?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wandering Pom

The "Man in Seat 61" site - see https://www.seat61.com/international-trains/trains-from-Prague.htm#Prague-Warsaw - recommends booking with ČD. That page confirms that bookings normally open 60 days in advance; it also states specifically:
There are normally berths available even on the day of departure, but the sleeper can leave fully-booked, so book in advance to be sure.
That implies to me that it's very unlikely to sell out rapidly, if at all.

The ČD notice for the Lipnik - Hranice engineering work - see https://www.cd.cz/jizdni-rad/omezeni-provozu/vyluka/15787/ - includes EN443 (the train including the Warsaw sleeper cars) in the list headed "Delay on double track 0-10 minutes" (Zpoždění na dvoukolejné trati 0–10 minut) so it doesn't look as if there's any significant impact.

rvdborgt

If you want to book a ticket plus reservation, compare at least ČD and PKP.
If you want to book a reservation only, then AFAIK ČD is your only option to book online.

37201xoIM

All other things being equal, I would always recommend ČD's website and booking engine, as it's one of Europe's best.

quantinghome

Established Member
There's also a reference to closures between Lipník and Hranice; would that affect the overnight service?
I went through this section yesterday (sleeper from Krakow to Linz) and there was only a few minutes delay.