• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pre employment medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futuredriver23

Good evening. Long time reader here and this is my first post so I hope it’s in the right place. I have my medical soon for SE and I’m not worried about anything but I had a few drinks for a birthday a week before. I’m not a heavy drinker when I’m off work. I’m abstaining for 5 days for the D&A test. Does anyone know if it’s a breathalyser or a urine ETG test thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Throwaway12

I wouldn't worry! I had mine recently and it's normally a breathalyser however I had to get a Urine test and they added alcohol to that. It's only to check for current alcohol - the liver clears one unit per hour approximately so in theory a bottle of wine would be gone in 12 hours or so. Don't panic!

LCC106

Established Member
As above. I’d say abstain if you really want to, but unless you go on a bender 2 days before then just make sure you have at least 24 hours clear.

Fittermat

I had a medical 2 days ago just breathalyser and urine sample. I had a 4 bottles of cider Saturday night and was fine. Don’t worry about it.

B Boy 82

Good morning all

How long are the medical assessments???? And do they take blood from your arms ???

And if so do we get results on the day as this whole process is dragging on now

iSquared

Good morning all

How long are the medical assessments???? And do they take blood from your arms ???

And if so do we get results on the day as this whole process is dragging on now
About an hour. No bloods. You find out if you’ve passed pending the result of your drug test, which needs to go to a lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.