• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Preparing a trip to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvain Bouard

Hello,

I'm preparing a trip to London in June.

Is it necessary to obtain an authorization to take pictures of the trains ?

Also, I would like to know where to go to take good pictures ? I'll be able to travel only by the tube or local trains.

The points of view at Wandsworth station and Carpenders park looks great. Is it still possible to take pictures at those places ?

Thanks for your help.

Sylvain Bouard
http://www.vuesurlavoie.com

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alexdodds

Hello,

I'm preparing a trip to London in June.

Is it necessary to obtain an authorization to take pictures of the trains ?

Also, I would like to know where to go to take good pictures ? I'll be able to travel only by the tube or local trains.

The points of view at Wandsworth station and Carpenders park looks great. Is it still possible to take pictures at those places ?

Thanks for your help.

Sylvain Bouard
http://www.vuesurlavoie.com

In central London do the usual process. Station reception, visitors badge and photo/video away. One station you have to be lucky to be allowed to video/photo is the usual one in the square mile.

lm321412

In central London do the usual process. Station reception, visitors badge and photo/video away. One station you have to be lucky to be allowed to video/photo is the usual one in the square mile.

If you are on about Liverpool Street, then I have to agree.

Although I believe staff have been rebriefed about train enthusiasts, and I didn't have too much trouble when I was their last. Infact I am going there tomorrow!

We shall see how I get on...

alexdodds

Although I believe staff have been rebriefed about train enthusiasts, and I didn't have too much trouble when I was their last. Infact I am going there tomorrow!

Hopefuly you will come across a nice duty manager in the station reception next to P10.

lm321412

So how did you get on then this time.

Good, although they have made a visitor pass for me so whenever I go there now I just tell them my name and they dig out this pass for me.

It even has my photograph, name and what I am doing on it. (they used a web-cam to do this). One benefit of this is that apparently, it allows free entry into the pay toilets...

Bit extreme IMO, But it saved being harrassed by any NXEA staff.

alexdodds

Good, although they have made a visitor pass for me so whenever I go there now I just tell them my name and they dig out this pass for me.

It even has my photograph, name and what I am doing on it. (they used a web-cam to do this). One benefit of this is that apparently, it allows free entry into the pay toilets...

Bit extreme IMO, But it saved being harrassed by any NXEA staff.

Thats brilliant. The same process is also used now at Victoria station. When I went there in August last year i got my photo taken with a webcam.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
they do this at Euston as well; I like it - much better thn the previous badges.

Didn't know it got you into the toilets free though... drat! Wasted 30p there last time then...!!:lol:

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Carpenders Park is great, but last time I was there I was moved on by a staff member who said that I was a security risk. I have never found out whether NR guidelines apply on LO stations or not.

HST Power

Established Member
Carpenders Park is great, but last time I was there I was moved on by a staff member who said that I was a security risk. I have never found out whether NR guidelines apply on LO stations or not.

Did they elaborate on why you were a risk? There was a massive thread in the forum not so long ago about photographer rights and things you can do if you get told to move, or stopped by staff.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
LOROL did briefly use the Underground rules after they were created but very quickly thereafter moved over to using the ATOC rules.

TomJ93

Little tip for Liverpool St. I used my day travel card to gain access to the Platforms, got a toot from a departing 90 driver too :D

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
Little tip for Liverpool St. I used my day travel card to gain access to the Platforms, got a toot from a departing 90 driver too :D

This works very well at Waterloo and Victoria as well. It can work now at Kings Cross since they put the ticket barriers up there. Paddington and Euston shouldn't be a problem, Fenchurch Street you need to speak to them at the reception but only go there if you are wiling to walk or get lost from Tower Hill and St. Pancras, you can walk up and ask them at the barriers and they will be very nice and let you do some business

If your looking for a station just outside of London, Clapham junction should only be taken on if you are either:

a) crazy
b) foolish
c) very brave
d) up for a challenge

Best time to go there though is when Clan Line is running her VSOEs

d1015fan

Never had a problem at Liverpool Street each time I have been there

LO seem to have their own rules, me and someone else were at Wapping and he had a camera over his shoulder and one member o LO staff came up and said no photos. Even though he didn't have his camera on or pointing at anything.

The outside staions though this year I got plenty of photos no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.