• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Preserved railway uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I volunteer for the Great Central Railway at Loughborough,

Does anybody know where I can get a Railway cap (I have got a bit of broken one but it is only temporary until I can buy a new one) and Railway Coat from?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

507 001

Established Member
Try heritage operations http://www.heritage-ops.org.uk/

Cheers
Rob

E&W Lucas

Established Member
Ebay, but make sure that you know what you are buying, as some of what is on there, is not what it claims to be. Especially footplate gear.

MattRobinson

AFAIK, HOPS doesn't sell footplate gear. Try the NYMR shed shop or footplate supplies.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

507 001

Established Member
Hops was the one I suggested, I could spend a fortune in their shop!

MattRobinson

Also, ask your preserved railway. Even if they don't do them themselves, they'll know where to get uniform from...

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Also, ask your preserved railway. Even if they don't do them themselves, they'll know where to get uniform from...

Yes, I have bought a couple of BR Pullovers from the Yeovil Railcentre and the Llangollen Railway, so I am sure that other preserved railways will sell odds and ends of uniforms. (The pullovers are pure wool, good quality and very warm.)

Status
Not open for further replies.