• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Preston-Wigan problems 17-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

M60lad

Problems between Preston-Wigan at the moment with all lines blocked due to overhead wire problems meaning all lines blocked until 14:00 at least according to National Rail this morning.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

C J Snarzell

Established Member
This stretch of line has been plagued with problems in the last couple of weeks.

There were cable problems between Preston & Lancaster about a fortnight ago, Preston Station had an emergency evacuation last week then another incident when someone was hit by a train.

itsonlyme

I think it's about time Boris appointed a chief incompetent to manage all these fiascos, which are not just WCML related but seem to happen all over the railway system on an all too frequent basis.

Carlisle

Established Member
I think it's about time Boris appointed a chief incompetent to manage all these fiascos, .
Maybe, but until the last few weeks this part of the WCML hasn’t been plagued by overhead line problems on anything like the scale of the East Coast or Great Eastern routes for example

AMD

Damage to the overhead lines near to Balshaw Lane, with Northern services diverting via Chorley taking place where possible, Avanti are bus replacement Wigan - Preston.

gazzaa2

This stretch of line has been plagued with problems in the last couple of weeks.

There were cable problems between Preston & Lancaster about a fortnight ago, Preston Station had an emergency evacuation last week then another incident when someone was hit by a train.

There's regular problems throughout much of WCML these days. It's increasingly creaky and less durable. Virgin got out at the right time.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
I do think Avanti West Coast have at least provided an adequate service since December but they don't seem to cope that well with cancellations & emergencies. My mum was caught up in the recent escapade at Wigan North Western and the AWC staff were at sixes and sevens trying to deal with passengers who were stranded.

Status
Not open for further replies.