• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pretty Colours

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

Being as the main line TOC's have their own individual liveries does anyone consider that LUL lines should adopt a simuilar policy and have their trains painted in the line colour?

I can see in my minds eye a District train in apple green with dark green doors and window surrounds. Or Northern line set in white with black contrasts. A Piccadilly in Royal blue and differing doors would look nice.

Anything is better than this bloody awful red white and blue muck they are daubed with now.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

The red, blue and white is quite nice IMO as it ties in with the roundel quite nicely... line colour would certainly be interesting to see though!!

devon_metro

Established Member
As long as the Hammersmith and City line is left out ;)

I think livery now is great! And what defines the 'Underground' IMo

Tom B

Established Member
ISTR such a plan was proposed in the 1980s. But there could be problems, for example if you paint some C stock green, some yellow and some pink you then loose flexibility - the punters probarbly being too silly to realise whats happened when a pink train turns up at Wimbledon!

H

HR2

Simple answer to the line colour and route availability is to paint them according to STOCK. For instance 'D's are District so two tone green with black roof. 'C's are on three lines so a blend of the three line colours on a white or dark background a'la 'One' would suffice. Central trains in red with creme window surrounds and silver roof would look nice. It's all a matter of choice really. As long as they get rid of that awful red/white/blue stuff I don't mind.

If they MUST have a corporate livery then let it be proper LT colours of Red/Cream/and silver roof as before the war. After all London buses MUST be painted red so why not tube trains?

Tom B

Established Member
I think the original plan for the corporate livery was similar to the current idea, but with different colour doors for each line. So Central would have red doors, District green, Piccadilly blue etc.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
I am suprised there seem no plans to alter the livery, since by transport livery standards it's quite old. Afterall, many mainline TOCs have had 2 or more liveries since the current Underground livery was introduced. Also, it was introduced before corperate liveries dominated buses, and even many independants have updated their liveries since them. On the other hand, unlike Lonon buses red, its far to new to have historical significance, and whilst it could be said it's instantly recognisable as London Underground livery, the same could be said for so many other liveries that have disapeared, many of which were around much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.