• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pride buses in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bus Lightyear

You personally may not give it a second thought, but certain sections of society do and have loudly and often violently done so for decades/centuries, which is the whole point of these Pride buses (and trains for that matter): to push back against bigotry, suppression and violence and promote equality and acceptance.
Well said

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Strathclyder

Established Member
Caught up with the latest London pride bus today. First one in a while:

I like that. As you say, it's been a while since the last Pride bus in London.

On a similar note, I'm a bit surprised Lothian haven't unveiled a new Pride bus as of yet; their last example (a 17-reg B5 IIRC) was among the best imho.

Well said
As a gay man, thank you. Needs saying far more often tbh.

Last edited:

NewClee153

Have LGBT people ever felt excluded from catching the bus?

As a passenger I've never given a second thought about the sexuality of the driver or other passengers.
As someone who is trans and gay, I find that the pride liveries on buses do make me feel a bit more welcome, it’s not necessarily about making the LGBTQ community, want to catch the bus, but more about promoting equality

jimbob185

Stagecoach East Midlands is due to get another pride bus with 10971 (SN18KTE) currently at Hull having vinyls applied before going back to Mansfield.

Lknowles78

Uno Bus (UniversityBus) in Hertfordshire has a pride bus too and it featured in the Pride in London parade, driven by my mate.

Attachments

• IMG_8590.jpeg
    IMG_8590.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8589.jpeg
    IMG_8589.jpeg
    503.9 KB · Views: 22

Larry91

On Moderation
Stagecoach North East have three pride ️‍ buses
ADL Enviro 400 MMC
ADL Enviro 200 MMC
Scania K270UB ADL Enviro300SG

Go North East have two ☝️ pride buses Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 based from Sunderland and Consett
Fleets 6050 and 6086

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.