• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Print@home... help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_h1000

Bought a ticket for travel and have lost bank card. Instead of a sensible approach, East Coast web support team telling me I need to re-purchase and then get refund for original ticket. Problem = ticket is twice the cost now!

From a previous post by Bungle73, it would appear policy has either changed or I am being lied to. Bungle73 quoted the following...

"Originally Posted by East Coast Customer Services
If a situation arose where your card was stolen or lost prior to travel and therefore would render the ticket invalid, this is an option we can action in order to allow you to travel. We require customers to contact the our web support team if they have any issues with the card and they will send an authorisation to travel to be sent to you and then another form of I.D used."

Can anyone help suggest the most appropriate approach? Tempted to just travel with my passport and driving license and hope guard is a decent bloke.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Contact Customer services department, they often have more allowance for discretion than Web Support Teams do.

TP

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum.
I've never been asked to show the card I purchased with as I.D.
Neither have I, but I avoid these tickets now as there are few advantages and many disadvantages. And some EC guards are "desperate" and will check.

I would just keep pestering EC Customer Services. Try calling them, be assertive, calm and persistent and insist on speaking to a manager.

To say I am unimpressed with EC Customer Services would be an understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.