• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Priv Travel TFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

monsento

Hello

Im changing employers from Transdev to Tfl, they have said i get free travel zone 1/6
until i get settled im going to be commuting in to Paddington from Reading, im guessing the free travel comes via a oyster card so id have to tag on at Hayes if i bought a season ticket so cant fly through with a Reading Hayes season ticket as its firstly not a tfl service and then as said have to tag on.

i cant explain any clearer i apologise

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
Where in TfL will you be working?

If it's a TfL "Staff Oyster Card" it does not currently include any routes into Paddington.

plcd1

You only get free travel on the following :-

TfL contracted bus routes
All London Underground services
All DLR services
Tramlink services in Croydon
All London Overground services
- Richmond / Clapham Junction to Stratford
- Barking to Gospel Oak
- Euston to Watford Junction local service
- Highbury and Islington - New Cross / West Croydon / Crystal Palace / Clapham Junction
- Liverpool Street - Chingford / Enfield Town / Cheshunt via Theobalds Grove
TfL Rail services Liverpool St to Shenfield.

You CANNOT use National Rail services which parallel the Overground or TfL Rail services set out above EXCEPT Liverpool St to Stratford (Greater Anglia) and Euston to Watford Junction (on London Midland).

There are a few other interavailable bits of the NR network where you can use a TfL Staff Pass

Marylebone - Amersham via Harrow (Chiltern)
South Ruislip - West Ruislip (Chiltern)
Kentish Town - London Bridge / Elephant and Castle via Farringdon (TLink)
Moorgate - Finsbury Park (GN)
Fenchurch Street to Upminster (C2C)

There are no other bits of NR that you can use with a TfL staff pass and it's simply not worth risking dodging your way round. Some TOC run stations do not allow a staff pass to work gates so you have to be "manually" passed through - New Cross, Shenfield and Peckham Rye are three such examples I'm aware of.

It is possible the validity of staff passes may change as Crossrail is introduced but I've seen nothing that confirms this and the next stage of service transfer is not until May 2018 anyway!

From memory you may be able to apply for a discounted season ticket for work travel purposes but there may be a minimum period of employment before you are eligible for that. TfL Staff Travel / your employing manager should be able to advise you about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.