• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Private driver assements

Status
Not open for further replies.

boro10

Hi I have been looking for contact details for private driver assements but can't seem to find any, does anyone know if dB Doncaster still do these?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

feaky4

Does any one have a link to look at I was struggling to find any thing online

train_lover

I personally don't believe it's worth doing. You would be far better applying for jobs as and when they come up. If you pay to have them done yourself you've still got to fill out the same application for and go through the same application sift you would if you hadn't of completed the tests.

My advice to anyone thinking about spending their own money on the tests is to maybe spend the money on a course on how to fill applications and CVs. I did a course about 10 years ago and it really helped me out.

MidlandsChap

I presume if you passed it would still only count for three years.
What if no jobs appeared near you within that time frame?

Firestarter

I personally don't believe it's worth doing. You would be far better applying for jobs as and when they come up. If you pay to have them done yourself you've still got to fill out the same application for and go through the same application sift you would if you hadn't of completed the tests.

My advice to anyone thinking about spending their own money on the tests is to maybe spend the money on a course on how to fill applications and CVs. I did a course about 10 years ago and it really helped me out.

I agree it’s better to just apply for jobs, but seeing a FOC asking for applicants that have already passed the Tests for trainee jobs, kinda changes the goal posts a little. Could more TOC/FOC in the very near future start asking for applicants that have already pasted the tests?

train_lover

I agree it’s better to just apply for jobs, but seeing a FOC asking for applicants that have already passed the Tests for trainee jobs, kinda changes the goal posts a little. Could more TOC/FOC in the very near future start asking for applicants that have already pasted the tests?

I'd imagine that GB have looked at the amount of people currently in limbo at DB and Freightliner and that's why they've opted for that approach. Also their tight deadline has probably also been a factor. I'm unaware that any other company has made that a requirement.

I think for now most companies will continue as they are.

Scotrail84

Established Member
I presume if you passed it would still only count for three years.
What if no jobs appeared near you within that time frame?

Not sure how long they last for but I think TOC's are not obliged to allow you to use these pass marks and can make you take the tests again regardless of your current pass mark if they wish.

Highlandspring

Established Member
Equally bear in mind that if you fail then that’s one life wasted on something that’s completely speculative.

Status
Not open for further replies.