• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problem Booking ATW Seat Reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essexman

Established Member
I’m trying to book tickets for my parents from Oxford to Porthmadog. First class off peak to & from Wolverhampton and standard advance to & from Porthmadog. I can book them OK but neither Cross County or ATW are reserving seats on the ATW train. However it is supposed to be reservable and if I put in a booking just for one seat on the ATW (on Cross County website) it books a seat to Porthmadog. Tickets are for Mondays in Septemebr so I assume the trains are not fully booked. As they are elderly it is important that they have reserved seats. I’m also booking assistance for them but can anyone give me advise on how to get the seat reservations from Wolverhampton to Porthmadog & return?
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
ATW don't do seat reservations* for advance tickets

*Well they do, but it is counted place rather than an actual seat)

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
A quick phone call to ATW explaining that the passengers are elderly should get you a couple of seats reserved.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
A quick phone call to ATW explaining that the passengers are elderly should get you a couple of seats reserved.

And if you're booking assistance, they can also issue seat reservations for you, in priority seats if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.