• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problem buying rover ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kar3emosman

On Monday, I shall be visiting Cardiff for a few days downtime.

I came across railrover.org from this site and found a ticket called "South Wales First Bus & Rail Card".

Code:
http://www.railrover.org/pages/south-wales-first-bus-railcard.html

Code:
Unlimited travel on First Great Western trains between Newport and Carmarthen for either one day or seven consecutive days.

The ticket is also valid on First Cyrmu buses in south Wales.

I assume that if I have this ticket in advance, I should be able to get 08.45 from PAD-CDF and stay on the train to SWA.

Well, I went to Paddington today to get the ticket in advance but I was told that it can not be issued as it can only be issued within the area it's valid. The lady also told me that her system does not have that ticket.

I showed her a print out from Railrover but was pretty much told "well, that's not an official website".

At this point, it was getting quite busy so I just left.

Does anyone know of any other things I could bring to get this ticket in advance?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GadgetMan

Try showing the below text to retail staff. It may help.

How to Retail:

Origin stations: Newport (3674), Cardiff Central (3899), Bridgend (3809), Port Talbot Parkway (4181), Neath (4216), Swansea (4222), Llanelli (4133), Carmarthen (4168)

Destination: Firstbusrcard (I110)

Ticket Types:1BR (Daily tickets); 7BR (Weekly); ODF (Family)

To retail the Family ticket, the appropriate number of passengers must be input.

When using Journey Planner, the ‘Fares Only’ box must be checked.

Swirlz

On Monday, I shall be visiting Cardiff for a few days downtime.

I came across railrover.org from this site and found a ticket called "South Wales First Bus & Rail Card".

Code:
http://www.railrover.org/pages/south-wales-first-bus-railcard.html

Code:
Unlimited travel on First Great Western trains between Newport and Carmarthen for either one day or seven consecutive days.

The ticket is also valid on First Cyrmu buses in south Wales.

I assume that if I have this ticket in advance, I should be able to get 08.45 from PAD-CDF and stay on the train to SWA.

Well, I went to Paddington today to get the ticket in advance but I was told that it can not be issued as it can only be issued within the area it's valid. The lady also told me that her system does not have that ticket.

I showed her a print out from Railrover but was pretty much told "well, that's not an official website".

At this point, it was getting quite busy so I just left.

Does anyone know of any other things I could bring to get this ticket in advance?

It isn't set up as a rover ticket by the looks of it.

If you enter the origin as "Cardiff Central" and the destination "I110", (FIRSTBUSRCARD), a £10 ticket appears, but it looks as though it would print as a "return" ticket, but you can presumably use it all day. I think the clerk would need to do it as a point to point ticket, rather than looking through, what I assume, is some sort of rover menu.

http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=CDF&dest=I110&rlc= &rte=820&ldn=0&tkt=1BR

kar3emosman

Thanks GadgetMan and Swirlz for the swift replies.

I'm going to print out everything and try tomorrow!

Goatboy

Established Member
Staff who won't issue tickets out of area are a constant annoyance - especially when you intend to make a journey requiring one of these tickets. I wonder what would happen if you tried to buy onboard the train having unsucessfully visited the booking offices?

They always lie as well - 'My system wont let me' 'We are not allowed to issue this' 'You cant buy that here'. Whats wrong with 'We don't get many requests for that here so I don't know how to issue it'?

Then people on here wonder why in discussion threads people are not prepared to take everything a staff member says as being gospel..

Haywain

Veteran Member
Because it is a bus and rail ticket, it may require special ticket stock which will restrict where it is sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.