• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problems booking TPE seat reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
I have just tried to obtain seat reservations for various TPE trains tomorrow (Sat 11th Nov) at two different Merseyrail ticket offices - and on both occasions was told that there were problems with the seat reservation system which seemed to be down. Is there a general problem with the national seat reservation system or is it simply a case that most TPE trains are fully reserved due to the popularity of Club 55? If the former, is there any prospect of the system being fixed later today?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FQTV

There's racing at Aintree, for a start. I expect many services to full and standing.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
There's been a fault with the reservation system which Fujitsu Star ticket machines use today, which I'm under the impression that Merseyrail and Northern both use. The national reservation system itself is functioning normally, it's the ticket machine software itself at fault.

FQTV

I'm going the other way (from Liverpool to Hull and back)

Apologies; I really should have realised that from what you said about where you'd tried to book seats from - sorry!

There are definitely seat reservations available Eastbound for services in the morning and over lunchtime.

Do you have access to Twitter? Might @TPAssist be able to issue a reservation if you already have a ticket number? Alternatively, do they do this over the 'phone?

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
Thanks for the info Merseyside. I took your advice and rang TPE & they did indeed let me book seats on the phone. They gave me booking references in case of dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.