• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problems Loading Billionaire's Benifactor's The Big boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The trainman

Hello everyone.
I have been trying to play Billionaire's Benifactor on Railworks CAJON PASS.
Everytime I try to load it I keep getting the Fail to load window.
In this failed to load window,
I get this list, in order as shown:-
Can't load Big-Boy Frontframes
Can't Load Big - Boy 4.8.8.0
Can't load Big - Boy Tender
Broken Consists- Modified.

Can someone help me to sort this out please.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HST Power

Established Member
I think I have had this issue before, can you provide a screenshot?

The trainman

I have tryed to get a screen shot but to no avail, plus not sure how to. this is the FREE DLC that came with the railworks 2012. so don't know why they let you have a FREE DLC and not let you run it.
Also I looked at the link that you sent to my question about where to get the Union pacific Big Boy, that just sent me to the steam site and they don't have it, aka a couple of weeks ago.
I have now seen that they have releast a updated version of the Big Boy on steam aka this week in their sale so will be trying to get that.
Lets hope that will sort out the problem.
But, thanks for the like nad your advice.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It's free DLC yes but it needs paid for content to work. If you don't have the Big Boy locomotive installed then the scenario won't work. I believe the Big Boy was withdrawn when TS2013 was released due to some incompatibility problem, if it's back on sale then clearly they've fixed it.

The trainman

I have now got the new version of the big boy, but to find out that it will NOT run The Billionaire's Benifactor, nor will it run any of the workshop routes eaither, why I don't know, will try and get some answers from steam and let you know.

ert47

A couple of questions;

1. When did you purchase Railworks? (If you purchased after September 2012, you might need to get one of the assets pack that is sold separately)
2. Where are you looking for the workshop items? (They do not appear in the menu that usually shows up when you first start up the game. Hit "Main Menu" [picture 1] and you should be at the main menu, "Steam Workshop" should be one of the options there [picture 2]. Hit that and wait a few seconds and your subscribed games should load. Workshop games that you do not have all the units for will have them highlighted in red [picture 3])

To get a screenshot, hit "Print Screen" on your keyboard with what you want to capture on screen. Then open Paint (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint) and paste the image (edit > paste).

Attachments

• TS2013 help.png
    TS2013 help.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • TS2013 help ws.png
    TS2013 help ws.png
    849.4 KB · Views: 4
  • TS2013 help2.png
    TS2013 help2.png
    576.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I have now got the new version of the big boy, but to find out that it will NOT run The Billionaire's Benifactor, nor will it run any of the workshop routes eaither, why I don't know, will try and get some answers from steam and let you know.

Thats the reason right there. The original Big Boy was released by IHH a couple of years back. It as withdrawn from steam If I recall correctly, though anyone who bought a copy of it will always have it renewed. The loco was rebuilt by RSC recently, who kept the original 3d model but I gather rebuilt the physicis, emitters and I believe (But am not certain) the sound too.

The NEW Big Boy wont overwrite the OLD Big Boy released a couple of years ago, so if you have that one, you have to buy the new version to get the improvements. Older scenarios such as Billionare benefactor, wont work with the new one and were made for the original version no longer available. I suppose you COULD clone the scenario and swap the locos out with RW tools if you have it. But there is always the possibility it wont work, and it wont work out the box AFAIK without you manually altering it.

May make sense for them to remove or update the scenario. Ill mention it to them.

The trainman

Thar the reply, just that it seems to me that they issued The Billionaire's Benifactor when I purchased Railworks 2012 with The Tornado, and could not even run The Billionaire's Benifactor then, there is not a chance of cloneing one as I don't know how or have the first BigBoy anyway.
Will you Please KEEP me posted as to what they say when you mention it to them.
Again thanks for replying

Status
Not open for further replies.