• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Professional Planning Test (PPT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

Hello everyone I was hoping someone out there could once agian help me move on in the railway. I have applied for a driving instructor job and have been told one of the tests will be the professional planning test (PPT) from OPC. I have not been given any practice material and was hoping someone could share any information they may have on this.

Thank you:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Not sure if it's the same one I had to undertake for my role, but it was a professional planning test. The reason you won't have received any practice paperwork is because it's not really a test you can prepare for as such. I undertook two tests, one taking on the role of a wedding planner, and the other taking on a rostering type role. The former was quite easy to be honest and required common sense more than anything. I was required to answer questions and deal with issues as they occurred. For example there was one instance where there was an issue with the seating plan and you have to move people from head table to accommodate causing as little impact as possible, whilst not disturbing the bride and/or groom. It's timed and you have to explain your reasoning.

The rostering test appears easier on paper, but I found it more difficult. You basically have a group of people to rotate, some of which you'll be told can't work with each other in certain questions. You have to work through the test paper and if you make one mistake and don't realise, it'll affect all answers. I had to erase a couple of items i caught just in time. It's difficult to explain in more detail i'm afraid, but I hope I've helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.