• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Proof of delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Well im sorry to say thats your own fault for starting straight away then. Yes I am being harsh but if no one was forcing you to do that and your contract stated that latenss would see a reduction in your pay at a set amount then thats that in my eyes.

I think you are missing the point somewhat.
All Deerfold is saying is that after his showed a fair amount of flexibility for all that time, he expected his employer to show a small amount of flexibility once. Not that demanding, and certainly something that most reasonable employers would agree to if they could (and from what Deerfold has said about that job, there is no reason why the employer could not have been a tad flexible).
Yes the whole docking 30 minutes pay may have been in the contract, but sometimes it is better to use a bit of common sense.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

exile

Established Member
Even Scrooge didn't sack Cratchit when he was 15 minutes late (though this was after he'd met the ghosts....)

Clip

Established Member
I think you are missing the point somewhat.
All Deerfold is saying is that after his showed a fair amount of flexibility for all that time, he expected his employer to show a small amount of flexibility once. Not that demanding, and certainly something that most reasonable employers would agree to if they could (and from what Deerfold has said about that job, there is no reason why the employer could not have been a tad flexible).
Yes the whole docking 30 minutes pay may have been in the contract, but sometimes it is better to use a bit of common sense.

Oh im sorry - I didnt realise contractual agreements actually meant you could come and go as you please.

I must let me staff know that in future so they can knock off a bit early because they came in a bit early or stay on a bit later because they were in a bit late. They'll love that they will.

No idea how the passengers who will be inconvenienced by this will react, but hey its all about being 'flexible' with people working patterns nowadays isnt it because sod anyone else and what they actually signed and agreed too.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Oh im sorry - I didnt realise contractual agreements actually meant you could come and go as you please.

I must let me staff know that in future so they can knock off a bit early because they came in a bit early or stay on a bit later because they were in a bit late. They'll love that they will.

No idea how the passengers who will be inconvenienced by this will react, but hey its all about being 'flexible' with people working patterns nowadays isnt it because sod anyone else and what they actually signed and agreed too.

I've already said that it's not suitable for all jobs and I've had jobs where I understand there's no room for flexibility - presumably if your staff come in early it's not as if there's anything useful for them to do.

I'm pointing out that because they were inflexible my employer got less work out of me and got my back up - you seem to be happy with that outcome so I think we'll just have to agree to differ. My current employer who gives me more flexibility sees me working late when it's needed (without overtime).

I already left home on the bus 20 minutes before the one which would have got me there just on time. One incidence of this not working (a bus missed, so the one which should have been just on time was much busier and thus delayed) did not persuade me I should leave 40 minutes earlier.

Clip

Established Member
Like it may have become apparent im a stickler for time keeping. Always have been. To me being late is being late and if you are contracted to lose time because of it then so be it. Our staff dont lose money, they get one foot on the slippery slope to getting the sack.

Im guessing losing a bit of cash is better then losing your job.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Like it may have become apparent im a stickler for time keeping. Always have been. To me being late is being late and if you are contracted to lose time because of it then so be it. Our staff dont lose money, they get one foot on the slippery slope to getting the sack.

Im guessing losing a bit of cash is better then losing your job.

You do sound very strict on it. I don't know exactly what your job is, but if something like trains departing on time depends on it, I can understand how important that is.

I'm sure there are very few people who have never been late *once* though.

Status
Not open for further replies.