• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Proposals for three new West Midlands railway stations to be developed

jfowkes

https://wmre.org.uk/proposals-for-three-new-west-midlands-railway-stations-to-be-developed/

Quoting from the press release:

Transport bosses have earmarked £1 million funding to develop proposals for new railway stations at Castle Bromwich, Coventry East and near Tettenhall.
The three locations have been shortlisted by the West Midlands Rail Executive (WMRE) following a feasibility study which concluded that a new station could provide much needed improvement to public transport for these communities thereby supporting the region’s aims of creating a better connected, greener, fairer and more prosperous West Midlands.
Each of the potential new stations, which would be located on existing railway lines, are in areas with an absence of rapid public transport links and with some high levels of deprivation in their catchment areas.
Castle Bromwich is on the line between Birmingham and Leicester/Nottingham and would restore a station which was closed in 1968. Coventry East is on the line linking Coventry and Rugby and would provide a brand new station in the Binley/Willenhall area
Another new station in Wolverhampton between Tettenhall, Claregate and Pendeford would be located on the Wolverhampton to Shrewsbury line. The station names for all three locations could be decided in collaboration with local communities.

I don't know much about rail in this area of the country. Is there capacity to stop additional trains at these locations? Coventry East is on the WCML and must be fairly filled with existing LM/AWC passenger services and freight. I guess HS2 will do a lot to relieve that once operational. Castle Bromwich is four-tracked so that seems easier to do. I don't know how busy the Wolverhampton to Shrewsbury line is.

Good to see new infrastructure being planned for regardless.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Planner

Veteran Member
https://wmre.org.uk/proposals-for-three-new-west-midlands-railway-stations-to-be-developed/

I don't know much about rail in this area of the country. Is there capacity to stop additional trains at these locations? Coventry East is on the WCML and must be fairly filled with existing LM/AWC passenger services and freight. I guess HS2 will do a lot to relieve that once operational. Castle Bromwich is four-tracked so that seems easier to do. I don't know how busy the Wolverhampton to Shrewsbury line is.

Coventry East will depend on its layout and what they want to stop there. It makes more sense if they have the ability to terminate trains there from the west as Coventry is far from ideal to do it at currently. Castle Bromwich is the hardest in my opinion. Its four tracked but unless they start running trains down the predominantly slower freight outside lines, you are building two islands. Tettenhall is neither here nor there in terms of timetabling it, it will end up in a Shrewsbury local service.

EIKN

It's always good to see new stations and lines , but as I had discussed with friends , even this forum and on Facebook forums , the government have pledged to ban fossil fuels vehicles, and what will be replacing ordinary cars , they've. Even admitted will have more autonomous functions, in theory they would enable the driverless input and the cars would select routes based on traffic and communicating between other road vehicles , add to that the infrastructure that would be needed. To provide charging for every road served address , also most families are two or more car households , so you'd need multiple charging . Further the loss of motor fuel duty switching from fossil fuel to electric only , will cost the treasury a lot of income so I could see home electric bills would soar , to cover the cost, that or they'd need additional internet infrastructure, which is another joke and a bad one that despite fibre broadband being available for a while , only a handful of homes have fibre to the properties , and this doesn't even cover hgv's tractors etc etc . My point being is we will have come full circle , as many of these stations and lines closed , because carsa were cheap , new motorways and roads allowed a new freedom of.motoring , but only 20 years after like the M25 was already over capacity when it opened
Thatcher famously said you cannot build your way out of a jam . And like the conversion to motorway in Yorkshire from dangerous dusk carriageway to motorway took decades .
And so I foresee folk in the next decade , needing an alternative, as electric cars cost far more to insure , range still won't match normal vehicles , and the idea of free Motoring will be gone. And the current generation, of a throw away society , wouldn't want to be buying a vehicle that did most of the driving only to need to make regular stops on a long distance trip to recharge
And that's not including winter where any traffic Jam in snowy conditions, could lead to dozens of stranded electric cars .
And so the point is people will need alternatives, buses won't be it for longer distances as they took will be in the same boat .
And thus it will fall to the railways to provide the alternatives. Both passenger and freight.
And I think this is actually what we are seeing , there definitely has been a sudden uptake in new stations, reopening lines , eg the latest add on to east west rail being the Cowley branch in Oxford , or the portishead route said to start this year.
The Oakhampton line , back at the tavistock end is already on the cards to reopen that end , with a view to filling the gap between Oakhampton and that part of the line in the near future.
Their fund to reopen your railway is seeing more reopenings than ever before , even if it's as simple as a chord .

Anyway re these new stations mentioned, the four track sections where they could build these stations , might need additional passing loops or bypass tracks so that express services can bypass the stations .
Someone mentioned facilitating terminating trains, which would maybe in the form of bay platforms.
Now I don't have a lot of knowledge of the railways but my key interest is reopenings and rolling stock , and we will need these new stations and lines .
As an alternative to electric vehicles and their obvious issues .
So yes we've come full circle east east rail is a great project , and if they can allow train operators to run services , eg GWR being allowed to say run along east west rail and join the east coast or midland main line to run up to Yorkshire and beyond .
Which isn't as unlikely as it sounds , as I saw photos and remember seeing ' westerns ' ( locos ) from the southwest in BR days at Leeds city station in the 70's. Such ideas might be what is needed to bring more services and competion for passengers rather than. Only one cross country service operator.
And so like these three stations mentioned , we will no doubt see more on the mainlines and other lines , more freight lines being opened up for passenger use with ' shuttle ' bus services , to take folk onwards if stations are a bit Futher out from a town or village .
I think we would perhaps see a reduction in road traffic , and more crowding on the railways ..which would also mean that they really do need to find a way to fix capacity on the west coast mainline and others .
Sorry for the long post , but we are in a situation, where government, rather too late has realised that electric vehicles will be an issue and alternative transport is needed .

So here's hoping we see many more reopenings.
When I was first living in Scotland 20 odd years ago , if I was headed to Edinburgh from Callander I'd use the bus and train, as traffic jams and parking in Edinburgh were bad .
And it was so much nicer by train , and more relaxing .
And I think folk will realise this all the more , especially as they keep introducing ever more Draconian rules of the roads , and costs of car ownership increase to a level that only well off people will be able to afford to run a car .
And as I say the railway will play a huge role in future

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
It's always good to see new stations and lines , but as I had discussed with friends , even this forum and on Facebook forums , the government have pledged to ban fossil fuels vehicles, and what will be replacing ordinary cars , they've. Even admitted will have more autonomous functions, in theory they would enable the driverless input and the cars would select routes based on traffic and communicating between other road vehicles , add to that the infrastructure that would be needed. To provide charging for every road served address , also most families are two or more car households , so you'd need multiple charging . Further the loss of motor fuel duty switching from fossil fuel to electric only , will cost the treasury a lot of income so I could see home electric bills would soar , to cover the cost, that or they'd need additional internet infrastructure, which is another joke and a bad one that despite fibre broadband being available for a while , only a handful of homes have fibre to the properties , and this doesn't even cover hgv's tractors etc etc . My point being is we will have come full circle , as many of these stations and lines closed , because carsa were cheap , new motorways and roads allowed a new freedom of.motoring , but only 20 years after like the M25 was already over capacity when it opened
Thatcher famously said you cannot build your way out of a jam . And like the conversion to motorway in Yorkshire from dangerous dusk carriageway to motorway took decades .
And so I foresee folk in the next decade , needing an alternative, as electric cars cost far more to insure , range still won't match normal vehicles , and the idea of free Motoring will be gone. And the current generation, of a throw away society , wouldn't want to be buying a vehicle that did most of the driving only to need to make regular stops on a long distance trip to recharge
And that's not including winter where any traffic Jam in snowy conditions, could lead to dozens of stranded electric cars .
And so the point is people will need alternatives, buses won't be it for longer distances as they took will be in the same boat .
And thus it will fall to the railways to provide the alternatives. Both passenger and freight.
And I think this is actually what we are seeing , there definitely has been a sudden uptake in new stations, reopening lines , eg the latest add on to east west rail being the Cowley branch in Oxford , or the portishead route said to start this year.
The Oakhampton line , back at the tavistock end is already on the cards to reopen that end , with a view to filling the gap between Oakhampton and that part of the line in the near future.
Their fund to reopen your railway is seeing more reopenings than ever before , even if it's as simple as a chord .

Anyway re these new stations mentioned, the four track sections where they could build these stations , might need additional passing loops or bypass tracks so that express services can bypass the stations .
Someone mentioned facilitating terminating trains, which would maybe in the form of bay platforms.
Now I don't have a lot of knowledge of the railways but my key interest is reopenings and rolling stock , and we will need these new stations and lines .
As an alternative to electric vehicles and their obvious issues .
So yes we've come full circle east east rail is a great project , and if they can allow train operators to run services , eg GWR being allowed to say run along east west rail and join the east coast or midland main line to run up to Yorkshire and beyond .
Which isn't as unlikely as it sounds , as I saw photos and remember seeing ' westerns ' ( locos ) from the southwest in BR days at Leeds city station in the 70's. Such ideas might be what is needed to bring more services and competion for passengers rather than. Only one cross country service operator.
And so like these three stations mentioned , we will no doubt see more on the mainlines and other lines , more freight lines being opened up for passenger use with ' shuttle ' bus services , to take folk onwards if stations are a bit Futher out from a town or village .
I think we would perhaps see a reduction in road traffic , and more crowding on the railways ..which would also mean that they really do need to find a way to fix capacity on the west coast mainline and others .
Sorry for the long post , but we are in a situation, where government, rather too late has realised that electric vehicles will be an issue and alternative transport is needed .

So here's hoping we see many more reopenings.
When I was first living in Scotland 20 odd years ago , if I was headed to Edinburgh from Callander I'd use the bus and train, as traffic jams and parking in Edinburgh were bad .
And it was so much nicer by train , and more relaxing .
And I think folk will realise this all the more , especially as they keep introducing ever more Draconian rules of the roads , and costs of car ownership increase to a level that only well off people will be able to afford to run a car .
Why have you hit enter after every sentence? This is very difficult to read.

zwk500

Veteran Member
The issue is that space would need to be found for this infrastructure and somebody to pay for it. The ever increasingly complex layers of government certainly aren't helping a co-ordinated strategy to be formed, which could mitigate some of these problems. Notably Scotland has bucked the trend by grabbing the strategic vision bull (Stag?) firmly by the horns.
We are a long way from 1970s service levels though, and the lines have changed capability considerably. Leeds to the Southwest via Derby and Birmingham would always beat via EWR given the available routes. Also the frequencies mean the opportunities for each journey are much greater and technology has made journey planning much easier.
And so like these three stations mentioned , we will no doubt see more on the mainlines and other lines , more freight lines being opened up for passenger use with ' shuttle ' bus services , to take folk onwards if stations are a bit Futher out from a town or village.
I agree focusing on existing infrastructure will certainly be the favoured policy, although there will be concern about slowing down main lines too much with stoppers when the Intercity trains are the ones taking people out of city centres and motorways. Park and Rides will become ever more popular in the short and medium term.
100% agree with both of these.

birchesgreen

Established Member
Be good to see Castle Bromwich, assuming they build it in the same place as the old one then it will become my new closest station by about 5m (thats metres). :lol:

Road access will be intriguing in the rush hour though.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Be good to see Castle Bromwich, assuming they build it in the same place as the old one then it will become my new closest station by about 5m (thats metres). :lol:

Road access will be intriguing in the rush hour though.
It can't go much further towards Birminghsm as HS2 and the River Tame will be in the way. Looking at a map Id expect the access to be via Castle Vale.

Last edited:

james_the_xv

Coventry East will depend on its layout and what they want to stop there. It makes more sense if they have the ability to terminate trains there from the west as Coventry is far from ideal to do it at currently.
Having had a quick glance at Google Maps I think they'll struggle for space for any more than a standard 2 through platform arrangement. They've not announced a site yet but I'd imagine it will be somewhere adjacent to Landbank Avenue possibly either side of the Willenhall Lane Bridge. If they want to go down the route of 2 through and 1/2 west facing bays then it'll have to be the other side of the A46 which defeats the point a little as it's then outside of Coventry and the two communities it wants to serve. In my opinion a 'Coventry East Parkway' just outside the A46 would have been better.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Having had a quick glance at Google Maps I think they'll struggle for space for any more than a standard 2 through platform arrangement. They've not announced a site yet but I'd imagine it will be somewhere adjacent to Landbank Avenue possibly either side of the Willenhall Lane Bridge. If they want to go down the route of 2 through and 1/2 west facing bays then it'll have to be the other side of the A46 which defeats the point a little as it's then outside of Coventry and the two communities it wants to serve. In my opinion a 'Coventry East Parkway' just outside the A46 would have been better.
Id expect it to be off Allard Way around the Allan Higgs Centre, as it will get a decent size car park I would assume. It would only need the one bay.

EIKN

Why have you hit enter after every sentence? This is very difficult to read.
My apologies, but just so you know I have a very serious illness that causes brain fog , I also have vision problems , severe cramping in my hands , also my phone creates a new paragraph automatically, I know you didn't know about all that but would you chastise someone who was partially sighted for example, please understand, I try my best to write my posts . Also I have a very keen interest in the railways and infrastructure, but my knowledge is limited.
Please try show some human understanding.
Noone else has moaned about grammar .

Hi, your post is very informative, but perhaps if this was built in a location where they could increase land take, for perhaps two or three miles in order to build passing loops each side of the line , so faster trains or freight can by pass a new station , it might even give enough room for bay platforms for terminating services.
A park and ride type setup with ' shuttle busses ' that tie in directly with the stopping trains for the new station , could take folk into town for example and also potentially, to other parts of the town/city , which could only but help people to switch from driving , to the trains .
As I've said before , and having read that labour plan to scrap Sunak's extension for fosil fuel vehicles , back to 2030 as originally planned , but this idea is deeply flawed as there simply is not the infrastructure for mass use of electric cars, let alone enough power plants , electric cars are expensive, and soon will only be really suitable for the rich , especially as the treasury would have to seek to recoup lost revenue , gained from motor fuel tax at the pump , without that motor fuel would be more like 60-70p a litre for example. Due to the high tax burden, they only way I can see them recouping this ,would be to provide home chargers and even then if most folk still had two cars as is common they'd need two chargers at least . And the only way I see the government recouping the lost tac revenue is to increase home energy bills .

Add this to the cost of electric car ownership, more expensive to buy , insurance is already far higher and then the question of who would be responsible for disposing of the batteries when they reach their life expiry . And to add again to this , it's well documented that they are aiming for electric cars to be autonomous , so little driver input would be needed , which in reality takes away that freedom of motoring we enjoy today.
And noone, especially the snowflake generation, or the older population ( for example) they would not want to pay for a vehicle that chooses a route to your destination, and takes away the enjoyment of driving .
Meaning that fewer folk would be able to afford to run them .
My point with all that is the railways then will need to be good enough, to accommodate drivers onto the railways.
Either reopened or new lines , more new stations, and on existing lines , extra tracks , to allow the new stations . And if you read what both labour and the Tories are saying about the roads budget, they've already paused or even scrapped much needed road widening , new roads etc etc .
In favour of moving people to the railways.

Sadly it may mean compulsory purchase , for the extra tracks that would be needed for new stations on existing lines , to allow faster services to pass the stoppers .
The example of this , is shown very clearly with the reminder of East -West Rail.
I found some planning documents, and it shows dozens of streets and properties on that route east of Bedford where EWR runs alongside the Midland mainline.
I only mention this as someone had said that on Google maps there doesn't seem to be space for extra tracks etc.
Yet some recent reopenings like the borders railway did see the demolition of properties along the route .
Granted these were built on the trackbed , they did at least in some parts of the borders line leave room to and extra track to make it double track, and extra platforms , this is clearly seen at Newton Grange station .
Anyway rail travel is even now by far , much less stressful and cheaper than driving , where your stuck in jams then end up paying high parking charges , and with so many towns , reducing road space , for active travel and public transport.

Last edited:

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
My apologies, but just so you know I have a very serious illness that causes brain fog , I also have vision problems , severe cramping in my hands , also my phone creates a new paragraph automatically, I know you didn't know about all that but would you chastise someone who was partially sighted for example, please understand, I try my best to write my posts . Also I have a very keen interest in the railways and infrastructure, but my knowledge is limited.
Please try show some human understanding.
Noone else has moaned about grammar .
I am so sorry, I feel rather ignorant now. Please accept my apologies. :)

Coventry’s doing rather well lately isn’t it? New stations around it at Coventry Arena, Kenilworth, etc, brand new trains for Avanti and WMT, and now Coventry East.

Last edited:

EIKN

I am so sorry, I feel rather ignorant now. Please accept my apologies. :)
Thank you for your kind reply , your not ignorant, you just didn't know , not could you .
As I say I try my best , but also the brain fog makes it hard for me to try to contribute to the discussion, I really enjoy these discussions, and would hate to be removed because of my personal limitations.
I do have a keen interest in all this, also I live in Scotland, which has lead the way in reopening lines , I've very often taken the bus to my nearest station, or when still living down south in Yorkshire, drove to the park and ride station that also used the class 158:s as my local station at the time was served by the awful pacer.
That aside , it was definitely cheaper and more enjoyable to take the bus to the station and take the train.
No traffic jams or crazy parking fees to worry about .

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I do have a keen interest in all this, also I live in Scotland, which has lead the way in reopening lines , I've very often taken the bus to my nearest station, or when still living down south in Yorkshire, drove to the park and ride station that also used the class 158:s as my local station at the time was served by the awful pacer.
That aside , it was definitely cheaper and more enjoyable to take the bus to the station and take the train.
No traffic jams or crazy parking fees to worry about .
Similarly down here in Cardiff several new stations have been planned to relieve pressure on the M4. These new West Midlands Railway stations are an example of the great investment the West Midlands board really are making. There have been some fabulous changes to the network - and tram service - over the past years

paulb1973

Coventry East will depend on its layout and what they want to stop there. It makes more sense if they have the ability to terminate trains there from the west as Coventry is far from ideal to do it at currently. Castle Bromwich is the hardest in my opinion. Its four tracked but unless they start running trains down the predominantly slower freight outside lines, you are building two islands. Tettenhall is neither here nor there in terms of timetabling it, it will end up in a Shrewsbury local service.

'Coventry East' would be 5 mins walk from home for me - is there sufficient land for that to be built? I presume the name Binley & Willenhall (or Willenhall & Binley) is not going to be used.

The Planner

Veteran Member
'Coventry East' would be 5 mins walk from home for me - is there sufficient land for that to be built? I presume the name Binley & Willenhall (or Willenhall & Binley) is not going to be used.
Presumably they have an idea or its an odd proposal. Name is anyones guess.

barbette165

There’s going to be a problem whatever name is chosen, if you include ’Willenhall’ as part of the name, then there will be two new stations in the West Midlands with very similar names 35 miles apart. But if you exclude Willenhall, then theres the risk that people who have been told “There’s a new station at Willenhall” will either buy a ticket to the wrong Willenhall or travel to it or both.

Meerkat

Established Member
Castle Bromwich is the hardest in my opinion. Its four tracked but unless they start running trains down the predominantly slower freight outside lines, you are building two islands.
I can’t see the point of this one unless part of a new slow lines stopper project to Sutton Coldfield/Tamworth. Otherwise will it get enough trains to be worthwhile and will it just load even more commuters onto Cross Country services?
Id expect it to be off Allard Way around the Allan Higgs Centre, as it will get a decent size car park I would assume. It would only need the one bay.
Do they want a Parkway and traffic? I assumed it was for locals who can use bus/active travel. If so that would make Willenhall Lane the obvious choice - lots of dense housing and a bus route.
There’s going to be a problem whatever name is chosen, if you include ’Willenhall’ as part of the name, then there will be two new stations in the West Midlands with very similar names 35 miles apart. But if you exclude Willenhall, then theres the risk that people who have been told “There’s a new station at Willenhall” will either buy a ticket to the wrong Willenhall or travel to it or both.
Will be a local station for local folk going out won’t it, so little confusion?
Though Bisley seems the obvious choice if it’s not ‘East Coventry’

The Planner

Veteran Member
I can’t see the point of this one unless part of a new slow lines stopper project to Sutton Coldfield/Tamworth. Otherwise will it get enough trains to be worthwhile and will it just load even more commuters onto Cross Country services?
As it stands, it will have to end up in a XC Leicester local, and a New St Nottingham local. I can't see XC being overly enthused by it as you point out. Unless someone is putting in a crossover at Tamworth, you can't run a local there.
Do they want a Parkway and traffic? I assumed it was for locals who can use bus/active travel. If so that would make Willenhall Lane the obvious choice - lots of dense housing and a bus route.
People will still drive to it, you can't stop human nature and the locals will soon kick off when they can't park anymore as the back streets get clogged up. You only need to look at the Willenhall Lane bridge on StreetView to see what fun that will be.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
As it stands, it will have to end up in a XC Leicester local, and a New St Nottingham local. I can't see XC being overly enthused by it as you point out. Unless someone is putting in a crossover at Tamworth, you can't run a local there.
A stopping service out to at least Tamworth has been an aspiration of WMCA and its predecessors for many years, probably using the old route from Water Orton to Kingsbury so as to take in Coleshill Parkway. It would need the curve from the Camp Hill line into Moor Street to make it possible at the Birmingham end, and I think probably a turnback siding or bay platform at Tamworth rather than hoping to reverse on the main line with just a crossover.

The Planner

Veteran Member
A stopping service out to at least Tamworth has been an aspiration of WMCA and its predecessors for many years, probably using the old route from Water Orton to Kingsbury so as to take in Coleshill Parkway. It would need the curve from the Camp Hill line into Moor Street to make it possible at the Birmingham end, and I think probably a turnback siding or bay platform at Tamworth rather than hoping to reverse on the main line with just a crossover.
Still don't see it happening, the eastern side of Midlands Rail Hub has apparently a worse business case than the west.

I live in Wolverhampton and for the life of me cannot see why the idea of a Tettenhall station keeps cropping up. There's a very frequent and generally reliable bus service between Tettenhall and Wolverhampton, where you can get a train anyway. Or, the erstwhile residents of Tetttenhall "Village" can drive their Range Rover Evoques to Wolverhampton station (where there is ample parking) even quicker! Introducing another stop literally outside Wolverhampton seems entirely unnecessary.

jfowkes

and I think probably a turnback siding or bay platform at Tamworth rather than hoping to reverse on the main line with just a crossover.
A bay platform seems difficult to achieve without a very extensive rebuild of Tamworth station to widen the bridge and embankments. A turnback siding and crossover to the north seems a lot easier.

Halish Railway

Established Member
A bay platform seems difficult to achieve without a very extensive rebuild of Tamworth station to widen the bridge and embankments. A turnback siding and crossover to the north seems a lot easier.
Or continuing on to a rebuilt Burton-on-Trent or Derby where there is already existing platforms or space to build new a new one as it would keep the dwell time at Tamworth to one minute rather than having to do a walkthrough of the train before an ECS move via a turn back.

jfowkes

Or continuing on to a rebuilt Burton-on-Trent or Derby where there is already existing platforms or space to build new a new one as it would keep the dwell time at Tamworth to one minute rather than having to do a walkthrough of the train before an ECS move via a turn back.
If the point is to be a West Midlands local service, going to Burton or Derby seems like it wouldn't be a good fit. But yeah if there is an existing point to reverse a service elsewhere then obviously the cost savings of using that vs. new infrastructure needs to be considered against the extra costs (more rolling stock, staffing etc.) it takes to get there.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Yes, I'd forgotten there was a road going under the platforms near the Birmingham end of the station.
Burton ought to be a bit easier to add a bay, as it had one in the past. Not sure an extra terminator a couple of times per hour would be welcome in Derby, with six reversals per hour in platforms 3 and 4.

zwk500

Veteran Member
Burton ought to be a bit easier to add a bay, as it had one in the past. Not sure an extra terminator a couple of times per hour would be welcome in Derby, with six reversals per hour in platforms 3 and 4.
Especially if the Coalville-Derby service gets in as well. The only problem with running to Burton is the longer time in the way on the Birmingham-Derby line and the impact on fast express and through freight.
£1.75 billion funded to "build Midlands Rail Hub in full" as part of Network North.
This bit is rather a big caveat.

The Planner

Veteran Member
£1.75 billion funded to "build Midlands Rail Hub in full" as part of Network North.
Nothing gets built at Tamworth though as part of that. Mainly the east chord and Water Orton re-modelling on that side, plus some freight loops on the other side of Nuneaton.