• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Proposed New Station Plans for Wrexham and Flintshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich.davies

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere:

NewsNorthWales said:
NEW rail stations are on the cards for Flintshire and Wrexham.

They could be set up as part of a Welsh Government transport plan which would also press the case for train electrification.

Construction of new stations for Broughton and Deeside Industrial Park in Flintshire and North Wrexham and South Wrexham could start in as little as 10 years time if given the go-ahead.

Also being prioritised is modernisation of North Wales Rail lines including electrification of the line to be started in as little as five years or less.

Stations for North Wrexham and South Wrexham are also proposed as part of the Welsh Government’s draft National Transport Plan for Wales (NTP) which has been published for consultation by Transport Minister Edwina Hart.

It sets outs priorities for roads and public transport projects in the next five to 30 years for the whole of Wales and will sit alongside local transport plans being published by local authorities.

Flintshire Council leader Aaron Shotton described the rail proposals as “welcome news” which would see access to key transport sites in Flintshire opened up and he said he would push for changes to go ahead sooner rather than later.

Flintshire councillor Tony Sharps, a TAITH (North Wales Transport and Travel Planning) joint transport committee board member, said decision-makers had “realised the clangers” made in recent years and welcomed what he described as a return to “where we were 40 years ago”.

The proposals include a prioritised list of new station proposals for further consideration.

Suggested stations in North Wales are for Broughton, Deeside Industrial Park (DIP), North Wrexham and South Wrexham.

A possible upgrade to Hawarden Bridge Station is suggested as a potential alternative to a station for Deeside Industrial Park...

Source

Could be interesting if it goes ahead.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

telstarbox

Established Member
The suggested stations are at Broughton, Deeside Industrial Park (DIP), North Wrexham and South Wrexham, as well as an upgrade for Hawarden Bridge.

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
All this is in the consultation document I put up on Wednesday in another thread,I passed it on the Wrexham Leader who used it for a local story.

The only part about Wrexham I read was Wrexham North(near Rossett) an interchange for the new Prison and Industrial estate.not sure where they got Wrexham South from, thats a station near Johnstown.

There is a meeting today in Wrexham Guildhall of the Quango "North Wales Task Force", the local. rail users SCRUA will be giving a presentation.

The line has to be sorted first before any station can be built at Rossett,but thanks for the thread, I saw the headline in the Leader this morning.

6Gman

Established Member
What on earth is Tony Sharps talking about with "clangers" of recent years, and welcoming a return to 40 years ago?

bluenoxid

Established Member
All this is in the consultation document I put up on Wednesday in another thread,I passed it on the Wrexham Leader who used it for a local story.

The only part about Wrexham I read was Wrexham North(near Rossett) an interchange for the new Prison and Industrial estate.not sure where they got Wrexham South from, thats a station near Johnstown.

There is a meeting today in Wrexham Guildhall of the Quango "North Wales Task Force", the local. rail users SCRUA will be giving a presentation.

The line has to be sorted first before any station can be built at Rossett,but thanks for the thread, I saw the headline in the Leader this morning.

That station was on the next page of the consultation document.

Status
Not open for further replies.