• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Prospective London Student

Status
Not open for further replies.

StKeverne1497

Goodness, two questions about London travel in one day.

One of my children is hoping to start at Queen Mary UoL this year. We're visiting London soon and for that visit a normal Oyster with his 16 - 25 railcard added seems like a good plan. The question I have is, what additional benefit would he get if he "upgraded" to an "18+ Student Photocard" when he starts his course? From what I can tell it just gives a discount off a season ticket - is this likely to be much use to a student living somewhere near Mile End and travelling into town perhaps at weekends and the occasional evening? If not, what is the point of the student card?

M.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mmh

Established Member
Goodness, two questions about London travel in one day.

One of my children is hoping to start at Queen Mary UoL this year. We're visiting London soon and for that visit a normal Oyster with his 16 - 25 railcard added seems like a good plan. The question I have is, what additional benefit would he get if he "upgraded" to an "18+ Student Photocard" when he starts his course? From what I can tell it just gives a discount off a season ticket - is this likely to be much use to a student living somewhere near Mile End and travelling into town perhaps at weekends and the occasional evening? If not, what is the point of the student card?

M.
Many students in London live far away enough from their colleges that they have to use public transport every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.