• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Psychometric assessments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choooochoooo

Just a quick one chaps. Just wondered if anyone has had the experience of having to resit the tests for a job application even though you’ve sat them previously within the last year/18 months and passed to enhanced standard. Just wondered if this is the norm or if you shouldn’t have to resit as there still valid

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GG96LFC

Hello mate. In my experience it seems every company has their own policy regarding how long they believe tests to be valid for. The company I am with now say they are happy to accept any enhanced standard tests done within the last 5 years. But also I’ve applied to a company in the past who only accept tests that are less than 12 months old.
Best thing to do is just send an email to the recruitment team of the company you’re applying to, ask them how long they see tests as being valid for, and also ask them to check with The OPC to see if you’re previous test scores meet the standard they require

Stigy

Established Member
Just a quick one chaps. Just wondered if anyone has had the experience of having to resit the tests for a job application even though you’ve sat them previously within the last year/18 months and passed to enhanced standard. Just wondered if this is the norm or if you shouldn’t have to resit as there still valid
As has been said, it depends. Some TOCs/FOCs won’t accept any tests regardless of when they were taken, if sat with anyone else.

It’s a risk, because if you do resit tests you previously passed, and fail, the fails overwrite the passes as far as I’m aware. Having said that, the OPC aren’t too forthcoming with “set in stone” information or guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.