• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Psychometric results - how to get them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broot

So I sat the Psychometric tests to be a driver and passed, have been driving for nearly 2 years.

I'm looking at other TOCs and would like to know if I got and enhanced pass or not.

Does anyone know who you contact to get this?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ESONEULB

So I sat the Psychometric tests to be a driver and passed, have been driving for nearly 2 years.

I'm looking at other TOCs and would like to know if I got and enhanced pass or not.

Thanks.

I know someone who asked the HR department he did the assessments with.

ComUtoR

Established Member
If you have been driving for the past 2yrs. Why do you need you psychometric results when changing TOC ?

Broot

If you have been driving for the past 2yrs. Why do you need you psychometric results when changing TOC ?

They have said they will be checking them and I'm sure they only accept enhanced pass.

ComUtoR

Established Member
That's very strange. Which TOC. You have already proven your competence and have a full licence. Maybe its just a way to sift candidates.

Broot

That's very strange. Which TOC. You have already proven your competence and have a full licence. Maybe its just a way to sift candidates.

I dont have a full licence. I drive on sections network rail mainline infrastructure but it has been agreed with NWR we dont need a full licence. Most of our driving is on our own infrastructure.

I'm looking at trainee positions again with much larger TOCs that's why I'm interested in my results.

Cyclist

The basic answer is contact whoever did your psychometric testing. If they are not responding you send them a GDPR request for all your data which they must legally respond to within 30 days.

ComUtoR

Established Member
I'm looking at trainee positions again with much larger TOCs that's why I'm interested in my results.

Ahh that makes so much more sense. Thanks and good luck with your search. If you use the search function you might get some results Some people have had success with getting results from the OPC.

Stigy

Established Member
I know a driver who went to work for Virgin Trains a few years ago and had to take psychometric tests again because they use the enhanced standard or testing whereas the TOC he was transferring from didn’t?

Also, I believe it’s the same for Depot Drivers, as although they take all the same psychometric assessments as mainline drivers, they have to resist them every three years with some TOCs? This always struck me as strange too, as that’s not the point of psychometric assessments surely? Your suitability to be trained as a driver doesn’t suddenly change overnight?

Established Member
I know a driver who went to work for Virgin Trains a few years ago and had to take psychometric tests again because they use the enhanced standard or testing whereas the TOC he was transferring from didn’t?

Also, I believe it’s the same for Depot Drivers, as although they take all the same psychometric assessments as mainline drivers, they have to resist them every three years with some TOCs? This always struck me as strange too, as that’s not the point of psychometric assessments surely? Your suitability to be trained as a driver doesn’t suddenly change overnight?

Very surprised at that.

I’ve never heard of qualified drivers being asked about psychometrics. I certainly wasn’t when I moved. The focus is (quite rightly) on your safety of the line record, and of course how you perform in the interview. Most DMs would much rather employ a driver with a clean record, than a driver with a record as long as your arm, who happened to have scored higher on the psychometrics.

Depot drivers are a strange one. Nobody seems to know whether they’re actually qualified drivers or not. Their rules course is much more limited the mainline equivalent. They don’t cover level crossings, and various other topics.

At my place the ex depot men are put through a full rules course from scratch if they move to the mainline.

Broot

Ahh that makes so much more sense. Thanks and good luck with your search. If you use the search function you might get some results Some people have had success with getting results from the OPC.

Google is not my friend today... the OPC?

ComUtoR

Established Member
Google is not my friend today... the OPC?

Apologies, yes as 43066 stated. However I was talking about the forum search function :) Some members have got their results, some haven't. Its a very mixed response from various TOCs and the OPC.

DRS66421

Thanks.
Hi, I’m in my late teens and I’m constantly trying to get my foot in the door and trying to peruse my dream in becoming a driver. It’s a daily battle for me. I was just wondering if you could give me any advice for passing the Psychometric tests and recommend any practice material?
Do you also know if the failing the OPC Railway Situational Judgement Test & OPC Visual Search Exercise means you lose a life or can you sit these tests as many times as you like?
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Stigy

Established Member
Hi, I’m in my late teens and I’m constantly trying to get my foot in the door and trying to peruse my dream in becoming a driver. It’s a daily battle for me. I was just wondering if you could give me any advice for passing the Psychometric tests and recommend any practice material?
Do you also know if the failing the OPC Railway Situational Judgement Test & OPC Visual Search Exercise means you lose a life or can you sit these tests as many times as you like?
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
As you’re in your late teens and can’t become a driver until you’re 21, I suggest trying to get a foot in the door by applying for other jobs for the time being (Gateline for example). You have to be 18 for safety critical jobs other than Guard or driver I believe? I personally wouldn’t worry about psychometric assessments yet, and focus on your CV etc for other roles and gain some great experiences to utilise when the time comes to apply for driver.

Regarding the VSE, yes it does count toward one of your lives, however only TOCs/FOCs who use enhanced processes use the VSE/SJT.

Status
Not open for further replies.