• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PTS Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peltsy

Just after a bit of advice, I start my PTS on Monday of this week, I completed the online network rail e-test and passed, but there is another test on the first day, which is a pass or fail,
Has anyone done the test and is it pretty straight forward

Cheers in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Boodiggy

There never used to be the pre-test when I did it (showing my age) but everything is in there, and the trainers are usually helpful. There is reduced class sizes too due to Covid so you can make sure you cover everything before the test...

Stigy

Established Member
PTS, although a pass/fail course, is about as basic as it gets to be honest. It’s largely multiple choice too, which is nice. Although the Q&A differs slightly depending on who you work for, it’s fundamentally the same. Good luck!

Peltsy

PTS, although a pass/fail course, is about as basic as it gets to be honest. It’s largely multiple choice too, which is nice. Although the Q&A differs slightly depending on who you work for, it’s fundamentally the same. Good luck!
Thanks mate

crebbs1

At our TOC it’s not multiple choice, 62 questions requiring fully written answers.

19pop

I'm starting as a trainee driver in a month. I've already got a PTS through my current job, will I need to resit the assessment? Heard they can really sting you on a recert

Last edited:

Stigy

Established Member
I'm starting as a trainee driver in a month. I've already got a PTS through my current job, will I need to resit the assessment? Heard they can really sting you on a recert
Yes, PTS is generally not transferable between TOCs. Even if you’re internal to the TOC you’re changing jobs with they’d usually make you resit it.

DRS66421

Hi Peltsy

I was a bit slow to react to this post but glad you passed. For anyone else you can study and take a mock exam for PTS at https://uktrainingsolutions.com Best of all it's FREE!

Hi, I will certainly take a look at the study material and mock exam on UK Training Solutions.

Does anyone know where I can get sponsored (even in name only as I would be happy to pay all costs?) I live in Scotland and trying to get my foot in the door. I have contacted the following agencies about PTS Sponsorship but so far no response:

ISS Labour

McGinley Support Services

Morson (Vital Rail)

Orion Group

Coyles

I am hoping to take the PTS Course and Exam with SWGR in Glasgow.

Thanks.

Phone the ISS office in East Kilbride and Carlisle. Would have thought you will be able to get work at the weekends as an EA no problem.

DRS66421

Phone the ISS office in East Kilbride and Carlisle. Would have thought you will be able to get work at the weekends as an EA no problem.
Hi, many thanks for your reply. Just to double check when you say EA do you mean Earthing Assistant?

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.