• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Purchase of child ticket when aged 17

skyhigh

Established Member
I am lying about most info and about the county I was in. And lying about the event taking place today and about the fare price. Only to keep myself anonymous.
Well don't bother listening to any of our advice then as it's based on false information and might even make things worse. You can't expect useful help if you lie about everything.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sultan

I am lying about most info and about the county I was in. And lying about the event taking place today and about the fare price. Only to keep myself anonymous.
Which is totally understandable except the penalty notice has been deleted and why would it be necessary to delete the post if all the names / events / places were not correct?

Anyway, please pay the penalty fare asap, however much it might be and hopefully that will be the end of it.

Thanks

pdq

If age is suitable for it the 16-17 Railcard gives the 50% discount anyway IIRC. Others will know but you may even be able to buy one of these a few days before your 18th birthday and get the discount for a period after you turn 18 (check this out if thinking of doing it as I've not checked - but you could certainly do this with a 16-25 Railcard and get extra validity which is what I did when I was about to get too old to be eligible for one!)
No, the 16-17 railcard expires on your 18th birthday. See https://www.16-17saver.co.uk:
  • The 16-17 Saver is valid for one year or until your 18th birthday, whichever comes first and is not available to purchase at stations

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
The OP has stated in post #1 that their friend is "nearly 17" so, assuming that this info is correct, they would potentially get a full year's use from a 16-17 Saver card.

island

Veteran Member
Well don't bother listening to any of our advice then as it's based on false information and might even make things worse. You can't expect useful help if you lie about everything.
Indeed. We depend on people to give true information in order that we can give them appropriate advice. If you make up information you will not get accurate answers.