• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Qualified driver to greater anglia

Status
Not open for further replies.

anglian96

Hi all was just wondering what salary a qualified driver goes onto when transferring to greater anglia? Isit a reduced rate until traction and routes are signed or will I get the full salary. Also can anyone confirm the correct salary at either Ipswich, Clacton on sea or Colchester depot as I've been told the salary is varied across the depots. Any help on this would be hugely appreciated.

Pros and cons of working for greater anglia to if anyone knows would be a great help to.

Thanks all

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Teddyward

They’re all the same. There’s no location allowance on the great eastern. I think it should be 52675 basic if my maths is correct. Sundays outside committed. Don’t know if it’s reduced while route learning. I can look at an exact figure on Monday night.
You need 2 years PQA for consideration.

OpsWeb

Hi all was just wondering what salary a qualified driver goes onto when transferring to greater anglia? Isit a reduced rate until traction and routes are signed or will I get the full salary. Also can anyone confirm the correct salary at either Ipswich, Clacton on sea or Colchester depot as I've been told the salary is varied across the depots. Any help on this would be hugely appreciated.

Pros and cons of working for greater anglia to if anyone knows would be a great help to.

Thanks all

I looked into transferring a few years back...watch out for the pension! Unless it's changed - you can't joint the final salary scheme until after 2 years in the job, meaning that when you eventually do join the final salary scheme, it is too late (RPMI only allow 18 months for special term transfers) to transfer in your old pension if you wanted to do so.

Timpg

I looked into transferring a few years back...watch out for the pension! Unless it's changed - you can't joint the final salary scheme until after 2 years in the job, meaning that when you eventually do join the final salary scheme, it is too late (RPMI only allow 18 months for special term transfers) to transfer in your old pension if you wanted to do so.

Hi there. Sorry to sound rather dumb, but I’m not very clued up on pensions. I’m due to start with GA as a trainee driver in the next few weeks. I currently have a final salary pension with my current FOC employer. What happens to my FOC pension if I can’t transfer straight into GA’s? Thanks in advance

anglian96

Cheers for the heads up mate

OpsWeb

Hi there. Sorry to sound rather dumb, but I’m not very clued up on pensions. I’m due to start with GA as a trainee driver in the next few weeks. I currently have a final salary pension with my current FOC employer. What happens to my FOC pension if I can’t transfer straight into GA’s? Thanks in advance

Your old pension I'm guessing would be preserved until you reach retirement if you don't transfer it to another pension scheme.

Timpg

Your old pension I'm guessing would be preserved until you reach retirement if you don't transfer it to another pension scheme.

Ah okay thank you, I keep meaning to call them but 12hr shifts get in the way lol!! Thanks again

Holt0121

Don’t suppose anyone has a copy of the roster for either Colchester or Cambridge depots? Would be greatly appreciated

Driver84

Don’t suppose anyone has a copy of the roster for either Colchester or Cambridge depots? Would be greatly appreciated
Two completely different depots. Different terms and conditions & company at heart.
Cambridge is 4 day week Sundays outside, sign Liverpool Street, Stansted airport, Kings Lynn & Hertford East.
Colchester average 4 day week, working 8 weeks on 2 weeks off, annual leave built into the roster. 2 links system. Sign Liverpool Street, Clacton on sea, Walton on Naze, Braintree, Sudbury (DMU soon to be BMU), Harwich Town & Ipswich. Link 1 also sign Peterborough.

Crazyb

You get 15 months you decide, you will also get transfer figures, if you request them. There are 2 types of pensions, the DB (RPS) the one which you should be in already, and a newbie pension which is not worth a toss, which your in for 2 years until you opt out. You need to speak to pensions at GA. Seeing your in a Defined Benefits one already, you shouldn't have to go into the newbie section as your in RPS, but you will need to check.

I forgot to say, if your on a bigger salary at GA, you will lose. I transferred all mine over from our old company and lost 1500 because of the higher wage, but I will gain over the years, plus I didn't want to leave it in a FOC.

Good luck, I didn't know you were off to GA

Timpg

You get 15 months you decide, you will also get transfer figures, if you request them. There are 2 types of pensions, the DB (RPS) the one which you should be in already, and a newbie pension which is not worth a toss, which your in for 2 years until you opt out. You need to speak to pensions at GA. Seeing your in a Defined Benefits one already, you shouldn't have to go into the newbie section as your in RPS, but you will need to check.

I forgot to say, if your on a bigger salary at GA, you will lose. I transferred all mine over from our old company and lost 1500 because of the higher wage, but I will gain over the years, plus I didn't want to leave it in a FOC.

Good luck, I didn't know you were off to GA

Hi mate sorry just seen your reply. Hope your well. Well I spoke to rps, they said what you said. So gotta speak to GA when I start, my start salary is roughly what my FL salary is now so hopefully not an issue.
Yea I waited well over a year for FL to put me on a coarse but haven’t heard anything ever since I past the tests! Iv been keeping an eye on GA for some time now and luckily they advertised earlier this year!! Can’t wait lol

Status
Not open for further replies.